First PC build compatibility for all components

Sep 22, 2018
Hello,

This is my first PC build (And first post on here)

I was looking at some Youtube videos and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyRxPlElkcU

I decided to base my pc off of the build, here is my final list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CvmHnH

Will these parts work together properly?

And there are also some Compatibility issues:

"The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports are disabled.

The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled."

Thanks in advance.

You can save quite a bit of money and get a B360 or H370 motherboard. There's no reason to get a Z370 board with a non K chip unless there is some feature you absolutely have to have. I would then use what you save to put towards at least a 500GB SSD or towards a GTX 1080 or both.

Drives are simply plug and play (meaning they just plug).

There is some advantage to the M.2 drives, but it isn't that great. As long as you have a sufficient SATA ports for your drives it doesn't matter. If your motherboard uses one of the SATA ports when the M.2 slot is used, then simply use another SATA port. Otherwise skip the M.2 slot, and use the six SATA ports for the drives.

If this is a gaming build, save your money and get a SATA speed SSD> You wont get the performance out of a PCIe M.2 drive gaming, at least not to justify the more expensive price.

Also spend a little more and get a better PSU, something like the Seasonic FOCuS Gold 550 watt. The CX and CXM arent bad but you have a higher end system, dont cheap out on the PSU.

It still looks fine. I like substitution of the Seasonic power supply. I do recommend Seasonic, EVGA, and XFX power supplies.

Sep 22, 2018
One last thing,

I'm not sure if it's all going to fit into the case.

I'm just mostly worried about the gpu, and the cpu cooler (Which may block the DDR4s)

Also, would i need to buy extension cables?

Thanks

Sep 22, 2018
I was thinking about that,

But I was based my build off of a Youtube video (So I can just follow the steps in the video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhX0fOUYd8Q

This is my first build, so I'm not too experienced

(I don't really mind the price as long as it lasts for 3-5 years)

Any suggestions of a better case?

EDIT: Had a look and found the Cooler Master H500P case (Mid tower, but it's kinda large)

According to many websites, the airflow is quite good

There are a lot of good cases available at that price point. Below is a link to Newegg, you can use the search engine to narrow the choices down. I would suggest looking at Corsair, Fractal Design, NZXT, and Cooler Master.

The supported graphics card length and cooler height are usually listed in the specs.

As far a good cooling goes. I would look for a couple 120 or 140mm fans at the front & top and one at the rear. If you are interested in water coolers, then look for radiator support.

And pick one that you can live with for a few years.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007583%20600545969%204802%20600006505&IsNodeId=1&cm_sp=Tab_Gaming-Cases_2_-LeftNav-_-ATXMidTower

It is a good case. I have an Antec P280 that is very similar.

It is available with a side window (kind of defeats the purpose of a quiet case). And it comes in different colors, including white. And it has all of the cooling attributes including radiator support.

Note the door on the front is sound dampened to reduce the noise from the front fans.

Sep 22, 2018
Would the NZXT H700i be any good for airflow and quiet noise level?

I would rather have a case that has pre installed fans (I'm too lazy to buy my own) and one that's good for airflow. Unless you guys have any suggestions.

Thanks

Sep 22, 2018

Also, if the Asus Rog Strix H370-F has a pre-mounted I/O shield, would I need to buy a case that fits that?

I'm not very educated about this stuff..

No, the IO shield is standard sized in ATX PC cases (basically all of them).

Fitting the IO shield can be a pain sometimes. PC cases tend to get a little bent out of shape in shipping. If it is too bent out of shape, exchange the case.