[SOLVED] First pc build ever!...Would love help :)

Oct 2, 2022
Hi, this is my first time building PC so I'm very new to this and unfamiliar with a lot of stuff. I believe I have all the parts and wondering what else I need, any suggestions, etc. planning on reusing some of my current parts!! I'm open to buying parts if I need to (lower budget side, nothing too fancy)

My current PC specs: CPU i5 2400 3.4 ghz (4 cores/4 threads)
10gb Ddr3 ram 1600mhz
500 watt EVGA Powersupply
EVGA GTX 1060 SC 3GB
500Gb hdd
(pic of current one-->) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JbZ9Rv-xP8eHtsC1jRgE8DPRQGmyTTJI/view?usp=sharing

This is the motherboard with cpu I got from someone https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w8_IGlnP9d7ZdrpY7oENssODOM3ft7Wz/view?usp=sharing (they tested it before sending, still works, however they mention the fan is on backwards so I plan on fixing that)
I know I need to install windows (through usb method?)
I also got Samsung 870 evo sata ssd 500gb which I believe can be used in place of my hdd right? Help is appreciated :) Thank you!

Solution
hmm so I can keep the cpu and mb right? :??:. I thought this was a micro mb. also, i was looking at nzxt h210 as the case.
I did read I could install both for storage, I will look into that.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough.
Can't keep MB and/or CPU because new ones are AMD Ryzen (old ones are Intel)and also much newer generation. Can't keep RAM either because old one is DDR3 and new one needs DDR4.
GPU is fine to keep and PSU ie enough for it.
MB has 4 SATA ports sou you can put as many HDDs and SSDs as there are ports so yes, no problem having SSD and HDD at same time.
New MB also has 2xM.2 slots so you can install one NVMe (PCIe x4) M.2 SSD and one SATA type M.2 SSD in second one. Fastest disk would be an NVMe M.2, followed by...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the motherboard and processor combo shown in the second picture? How old is the EVGA PSU in your primary picture? The motherboard in the latter image looks like an atx board while the chassis you've got at this moment of time is an matx platform.

Oct 2, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the motherboard and processor combo shown in the second picture? How old is the EVGA PSU in your primary picture? The motherboard in the latter image looks like an atx board while the chassis you've got at this moment of time is an matx platform.
the motherboard is asrock ab350m pro4 and ryzen 5 1400. The power supply is about 2 years old

the motherboard is asrock ab350m pro4 and ryzen 5 1400. The power supply is about 2 years old
Excluding CPU and MB you also can't keep DDR3 and need DDR4, the rest is usable.
Samsung 870 evo sata ssd 500gb you can and should also use but don't have to replace HDD, install them both for more storage. You will have to clean install new Windows on it but have to be W10 or W11, W7 is not going to work without much modification.

Oct 2, 2022
Excluding CPU and MB you also can't keep DDR3 and need DDR4, the rest is usable.
Samsung 870 evo sata ssd 500gb you can and should also use but don't have to replace HDD, install them both for more storage. You will have to clean install new Windows on it but have to be W10 or W11, W7 is not going to work without much modification.
hmm so I can keep the cpu and mb right? :??:. I thought this was a micro mb. also, i was looking at nzxt h210 as the case.

Last edited:
Can't keep MB and/or CPU because new ones are AMD Ryzen (old ones are Intel)and also much newer generation. Can't keep RAM either because old one is DDR3 and new one needs DDR4.
MB has 4 SATA ports sou you can put as many HDDs and SSDs as there are ports so yes, no problem having SSD and HDD at same time.
New MB also has 2xM.2 slots so you can install one NVMe (PCIe x4) M.2 SSD and one SATA type M.2 SSD in second one. Fastest disk would be an NVMe M.2, followed by your SATA 2.5" or M.2 in second slot (both would be about same speed) and HDD would be slowest but still quite usable as storage.
Once you have Windows on SSD you can connect and clean HDD and use it normally. So all you actually need for new setup is DDR4 RAM, preferably 2x8GB 3000MHz.

Solution
Oct 2, 2022
New MB also has 2xM.2 slots so you can install one NVMe (PCIe x4) M.2 SSD and one SATA type M.2 SSD in second one. Fastest disk would be an NVMe M.2, followed by your SATA 2.5" or M.2 in second slot (both would be about same speed) and HDD would be slowest but still quite usable as storage.
Once you have Windows on SSD you can connect and clean HDD and use it normally. So all you actually need for new setup is DDR4 RAM, preferably 2x8GB 3000MHz.
Appreciate the explanation, Thank you so much!! :hello: