Question First PC build - Most games crash shortly after launching

Dec 17, 2021
Hello,

I built my first PC about 6 months ago. I've honestly had problems with it on and off. There were stretches in time where I didn't have any problems with it. Then all of a sudden I would consistently get crashes after I start playing video games. Other times I'd get blue screens while surfing the web and editing word documents. Most of the errors appeared to be read errors and it would happen consistently. Sometimes the fix would be to restart my computer and it'd be fine for another week. Other times I would consistently get errors in a night.

I'm sort of in new territory here. I didn't know a ton about building pcs and got into this to transition gaming on ps4 to pc. I'm sure I haven't tested the right things. Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I can troubleshoot this better?

Specs:
Graphics card: evga GeForce gtx 1070
Motherboard: ASRock B450M PRO4 AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six core processor (3.4ghz)
Memory: Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model
Hitachi HUA723020ALA640 2TB, 3.5, SATA
DREVO X1 PRO 512GB SSD 3D NAND TLC SATA III 2.5" 6Gbps Internal Solid State Drive

Thanks,
Pat