First PC build, need some experienced/knowledgeable eyes to check it

Jul 11, 2018
This is my first build ever and would like some input on any issues with it or possible shortcomings or dangers of the build before I buy all the parts. Thanks.

My main concern/question is on the topic of the quality of the PSU. I know you should never skimp on a PSU and thus I have two questions to that.
Is this adequate wattage for the build?
And
Is this a PSU I should avoid/is the quality acceptable? (4.5 stars on Amazon) I looked all over the place and read a bunch of reviews on different PSUs and I feel comfortable? with this PSU but idk. I literally can't spend any more $$$ at this point and can't spend $70+ on a PSU but at the same time I don't want to risk damaging my PC's parts with a sub par PSU.

NOTE (RAM): When I can afford it I'll be sticking two more sticks of 4gb in there.
NOTE (GPU): The 1060 3gb is my starter card, hoping to upgrade it to a 1070/80 in the next couple years.
NOTE (SSD): I needed a boot drive, basically just for Windows, that wouldn't break the bank should I consider changing it? The reviews are fairly solid and I know it's Kingston. I'm hoping to add a bigger/better/faster SSD later.

PARTS LIST

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO: MSI - X470 GAMING PLUS ATX
RAM: Team - T-force delta RGB 2x 4gb DDR4 3000
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 3gb Windforce OC
PSU: EVGA - BQ 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi Modular
STORAGE
SSD - Kingston A400 120gb 2.5"
HDD - SeaGate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM

CASE: CORSAIR CARBIDE SPEC - 02 (RED)

Solution

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
For a 1st gaming rig, i'd go with Intel instead. E.g like so:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor ($178.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($115.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($104.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.90 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Windforce OC Video Card ($239.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair - SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($81.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $860.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-12 05:56 EDT-0400

Few words

CPU
Compared to the R5 2600, i5-8400 is cheaper and performs better in games. Also, CPU has on-board graphics to keep your PC running if your GPU should die. No such luxury with R5 2600 since it doesn't have on-board graphics,
comparison: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-2600-vs-Intel-Core-i5-8400/3955vs3939

MoBo
Since you want to have black & red theme, picked the same looking MSI MoBo but it's Intel CPU counterpart. MoBo is Z-series, meaning that you can upgrade your CPU to K-series (e.g i5-8600K) and OC your K-series CPU.

RAM
Switched it out with Corsair RAM which has red heatsinks to match the build theme. As far as your picked RGB RAM goes, in a tight budget, RGB is the last thing you should go after. I'd rather upgrade to a better/bigger SSD than go for a RGB RAM.

SSD
Same as you picked. While not the fastest SATA SSD on the market, it will get the job done.
I too have Kingston SSD in use but mine is HyperX 3K and 240GB in size.

HDD
But did switch out HDD. Seagate drives have the worst reliability when it comes down to 4 mayor HDD makers: Seagate, Western Digital, Toshiba and HGST (Hitachi). Also, WD Blue 1TB i put in is the #1 most sold HDD in the world and it has good performance and reliability.
Between 2 of my PCs, i have 3x WD Blue 1TB HDDs in use.

GPU
Same as the one you picked.

Case
Also same as the one you picked.

PSU
EVGA BQ 750 is decent unit. Though, for your build and even after you go with GTX 1080, 750W PSU is way too much. With GTX 1060, 550W PSU is even more than enough. But since you're planning to go with GTX 1080, i put in Seasonic Focus+ 650 80+ Gold PSU which is good quality unit and which also comes with 10 years of warranty.
PSU reivew: https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Seasonic-FOCUS-PLUS-Gold-FX-650W-PSU-Review
All my 3 PCs: Skylake, Haswell and AMD are also powered by Seasonic. Full specs with pics in my sig.

Without knowing your budget, i can't tell if build above is out of your budget or not. Here, it's good to know your budget so i can refine the build where you'd get best performance from your money.

Solution