[SOLVED] First PC Build Suggestion Welcomed

Aug 29, 2020
Hey everyone. This would be my first time building a PC and I want to ask for recommendations and if anyone can help see if this is a good build. I primarily wish to use my PC for video editing, photo editing and design, and some light gaming (as of now).

This is what would be included in my list:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max Wifi

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Gaming 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Memory: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD

PSU: 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX Semi Modular (should I go modular?)

GPU
: ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 570 or ASUS GeForce GTX 1650 Dual Overclocked Dual-Fan 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 Graphics Card

Case: Cooler Master NR600 MasterBox

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler 4 cdc Heatpipes 120mm PWM Fan

Also can see the full list here:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6z3Ltp

Other additional comments: Would like a quiet PC. Would fans be needed in my case? I plan to use many Adobe softwares and may use lots of video editing. And what would be a good monitor with a good resolution?

Please let me know if this would be a good build. Would the processor work well with my needs? I am fairly new to the whole world of PC building and am researching many things as I go, so would love any help. The budget is around $800-900 for this PC. Though I don't mind spending a bit more as I am more into the quality and efficiency of the build towards my needs so any suggestions will help.

Last edited:
Solution
This is perfectly fine even for 4K video editing (though don't expect fast encoding at that res). I would recommend sticking with Nvidia so you can utilize their unique Nvenc encoder, however, be aware that only 1660 or above comes with the latest NVENC encoder while the 1650 is using the previous gen encoder (nvidia didn't make that publicly clear). So if you want the current latest and greatest encoder software then a 1660 or above is best.
This is perfectly fine even for 4K video editing (though don't expect fast encoding at that res). I would recommend sticking with Nvidia so you can utilize their unique Nvenc encoder, however, be aware that only 1660 or above comes with the latest NVENC encoder while the 1650 is using the previous gen encoder (nvidia didn't make that publicly clear). So if you want the current latest and greatest encoder software then a 1660 or above is best.

Reactions: AznBlazn
Solution