First pc build turn power on the mother board and case on switch light up once I press light flashes and nothing happens

Scott Anderson

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
I have z77 mpower mother board I turn power on the on switch on front of case and on the mother board light up also the CMOS button lights up. Once I press either of the on buttons the CPU phase led which shows power flow to the CPU lights up then goes off leaving only the on light lit. It also shows the HDD activity light flash and go off. I have a corsair cx750m psu. Help soon as possible would be appreciated :D

Could be a dead short or missing power cables. On the case did you use the eight brass colored screws to keep the mb from shorting out to the mb tray?
Check that the mb back plate fingers not shorting out the USB or the bottom of the mb. If you used an after market CPU cooler check that the back plate not shorting out the mb. On the top of the mb check that the four or eight pin CPU power plug near the CPU or on the edge of the mb is connected. Check that there no bent pins on the drives..that the ram is in right. Look to see that the USB cables are on the right ports and pins.
Pull the case fans to rule out a bad case fan.

Scott Anderson

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013

Dead shot? Power a cables all connect 25/8/6 all connected. Motherboard screwed in with stand offs. Mb backplate? CPU cooler has no backplate noctua nhl9i 8 pin connected. Bent pins on ram? USB 2/3 plugged in fine and fans spin fine .