First PC Build

pali138

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
Hi everyone,

Like many people here, asking advice on a PC build cos I can check benchmarks and stuff but have no idea if they'd work together/any bottlenecks. I'm using a company that builds customs because I don't want to deal with the hassle, plus the added security of it done professionally and under warranty.

I've got a budget of around £900 pounds (1000 dollars, when it comes to computer stuff). Not looking for much, just a long lasting pc that can play games that are reasonably cpu heavy but not graphically and maybe also Fallout 4, ME Andromeda etc and cope with lots of browser tabs for uni work.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1500X (4 x 3.6 GHZ - Turbo 4 x 3.7 GHZ)

CPU Cooling - Corsair Hydro H45 (Advanced Liquid Cooling)

Memory - 8GB 2133MHz (1x8GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR4) (they don't list a brand...)
(or Corsair 8GB Vengeance LPX 2133MHz (2x4GB) for 20 dollars extra?)

Graphics Card - AMD Radeon RX 560 - 2 GB - (PCI-E) - Supports 2 Monitors

Motherboard - Asus PRIME A320M-K (AMD B320) - 4xUSB3/2xUSB2

Power Supply - Corsair 550W PSU

Hard Drive #1 - 1 TB Seagate (1000 GB) SATA-III HDD 7200 RPM 64MB Cache

This costs about 900 dollars (maybe) with all the extras excluding a monitor; is it worth it or even any good?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Don't expect to get much out of an RX560 - that won't last very long before you need to upgrade. And I'd drop the liquid cooler for a strong air fan. And use the difference for an SSD. Other than that, that build looks good.