[SOLVED] First Pc Build

Oct 16, 2019
Hello guys, this is the firt build that i made; I've been studying this build for two weeks, but i have some a bit of trouble for some components.

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 UD ATX LGA1151
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Toshiba OCZ TR200 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Toshiba P300 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: GTX 1660 Ti &GB ????
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case or Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620 W Fully Modular ATX

The purpose of this build is to play at 1080 with max settings at 60+ frames min, no 4k obv.
But i have some doubts.
First: RAM + CPU Cooler, there is any ram that allows me to mount the NH-D15 with the 2 fans, without having to lift the fan (I mean the fan that protrudes over the RAM)? I chose Corsair Lpx beacause it's high 31mm, but once set, the height increases to 34mm, at least that's what some friends have told me.
For this reason I am not very sure about the choice, since the heat sink requires a maximum of 32 millimeters.
2nd: I have no idea which video card to choose with 1660ti chipset, i'm only sure about one thing: well cooled GPU.
Any suggestion and advice is appreciate.

Oct 16, 2019
Regarding your monitor:
  • Brand and model number?
  • Resolution?
  • Refresh rate?
  • Does it have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
    • If FreeSync, what is the FreeSync range?
This info will help make a determination as to an appropriate video card.

honestly I haven't decided yet, i mean,i want play at 1080 at max with high FR.
I chose the 1660ti, but not the model (MSI, asus, gigabyte.. ?)

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
honestly I haven't decided yet, i mean,i want play at 1080 at max with high FR.
I chose the 1660ti, but not the model (MSI, asus, gigabyte.. ?)
So, something like in excess of 100 fps? For a number of the latest games, the 1660Ti isn't going to be enough for that.

I guess it might be better to say what frame rate you're shooting for (and, in my case, I'd also say "why?"), and what games you plan on playing.

The RX 5700 isn't crazily more than the 1660Ti, and might be better suited, depending on your exact goals here.

Oct 16, 2019
So, something like in excess of 100 fps? For a number of the latest games, the 1660Ti isn't going to be enough for that.

I guess it might be better to say what frame rate you're shooting for (and, in my case, I'd also say "why?"), and what games you plan on playing.

The RX 5700 isn't crazily more than the 1660Ti, and might be better suited, depending on your exact goals here.

my purpose is to play on 1080p with a min of 60 fps, at maxinum setting.
the rx isn't too"hot"?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
my purpose is to play on 1080p with a min of 60 fps, at maxinum setting.
the rx isn't too"hot"?

I've heard the occasional rumor here and there about it, but that seems really implausible given its TDP. The blower-style cooler may run warmer than the aftermarket type ones, but that's typical of just about any card.

I'd possibly have suggested the Vega 56, but, honestly, for whatever reason, their prices are elevated and almost at RX 5700 levels, so might as well spend that money on the RX 5700.