SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
Hello, I want to build my first pc (gaming) but I don't have a high budget ( 400€ - 430€ germany). I've spend a lot of time searching and comparing pc pieces and I think I have found good ones. I'm not an expert (more a noob) so could you please look if my chooses are good. I do have a Pc part picker list but there are some pieces that don't show up. So I've made a web where there are all the exact components. I just buy from amazon because I had very good experiences with the returns. I want to play minecraft with this pc and I have now a laptop with the intel i3-6006u with integrated graphics card intel hd 520 and it runs Minecraft between 50-60 fps but there are often frame drops and if there are a lot of chunk updates like Redstone the fps drops to 0-10. And Minecraft is a game that uses more the cpu than the gpu. So i think that the ryzen 3200g is better than the intel i3-6006u and it will have more fps.
I3-6006u vs ryzen 3 3200g: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-6006U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-3200G/m214467vsm824486
Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC6CxTxat74

This is minecraft on ryzen 3 2200g: https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCGame/FPS-Estimates-Minecraft/3776/441833.441832.0.0.0

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/TcwzHB
My website where are all the components: https://spaceagle17buildsapc.blogspot.com/2020/02/my-pc.html
Thank you guys a lot!

Solution
You won't know what version it has, except that it won't even post without the right BIOS version.

What's the issue with the board I linked? Are you pinching pennies to stay under €450, or? I ask, because there are other MSI B450 Max boards that are slightly cheaper because they give up 2 RAM slots, the VRM heatsink, VRM phases, and other features. Not compromises I'd made for the cost of a meal, but...
MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX = €73.49 (is that ok?)
I honestly don't even want to mention the MSI B450M-A Pro MAX.

I think the issue here is that you're admittedly buying about the lowest end [lowest power] CPU that's available for this platform. Because of that, it's easy to argue that "this board is fine for the 3200G". But it's...
That mobo isn't guaranteed to ship with a Ryzen 3000 compatible BIOS installed. You'll want to look at MSI's "max" series boards for that.

I know this is price creep (less than a tank of gas though!), but consider this improved list:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (€97.90 @ Alternate)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€81.89 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€69.80 @ Alza)
Case: Cougar MG130-G MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€47.97 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€56.98 @ Alternate)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P14 PWM 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan (€5.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Monitor: AOC 24B1XH 23.8" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor (€104.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €465.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-11 16:59 CET+0100

Mobo - Ryzen 3000 compatible, and 4 RAM slots, VRM heatsink, etc etc
SSD - M.2 version of your choice is slightly cheaper.
Case - Better
PSU - Better
Monitor - IPS has better color.
As for the extra fan you had, sure it's nice, but €20 is too much for a build in this price category. Until you add a graphics card to the system, you can get away with the single included fan that most cases ship with. Otherwise, I made a cheaper recommendation

Last edited:

SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
That mobo isn't guaranteed to ship with a Ryzen 3000 compatible BIOS installed. You'll want to look at MSI's "max" series boards for that.

I know this is price creep (less than a tank of gas though!), but consider this improved list:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (€97.90 @ Alternate)
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€81.89 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€69.80 @ Alza)
Case: Cougar MG130-G MicroATX Mini Tower Case (€47.97 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€56.98 @ Alternate)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P14 PWM 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan (€5.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Monitor: AOC 24B1XH 23.8" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor (€104.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €465.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-11 16:59 CET+0100

Mobo - Ryzen 3000 compatible, and 4 RAM slots, VRM heatsink, etc etc
SSD - M.2 version of your choice is slightly cheaper.
Case - Better
PSU - Better
Monitor - IPS has better color.
As for the extra fan you had, sure it's nice, but €20 is too much for a build in this price category. Until you add a graphics card to the system, you can get away with the single included fan that most cases ship with. Otherwise, I made a cheaper recommendation

Hi, thanks for your reply, in amazon is written that it's ryzen 3000 ready. But it does only function out of the box if the motherboard comes with the bios version 3.20 (hdv-r4.0) or 3.60 (PRO4).
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tbRqPTlPSk&feature=youtu.be

Correct. Most AM4 boards are Ryzen 3000 "ready". Meaning that, with the proper BIOS installed, they can run a Ryzen 3000 CPU.

Whether you have to update the BIOS with an older CPU first is the issue. That's what MSI's "max" boards ensure. No need for a BIOS update before you drop your Ryzen 3000 CPU in because they're all guaranteed to ship with the new enough BIOS. With all other boards, it's a gamble what BIOS you'll actually receive.

Here's a list of AM4 mobos that don't even need a CPU to perform a BIOS flash. That's the other way around it, but they're out of your price range.

SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
Correct. Most AM4 boards are Ryzen 3000 "ready". Meaning that, with the proper BIOS installed, they can run a Ryzen 3000 CPU.

Whether you have to update the BIOS with an older CPU first is the issue. That's what MSI's "max" boards ensure. No need for a BIOS update before you drop your Ryzen 3000 CPU in because they're all guaranteed to ship with the new enough BIOS. With all other boards, it's a gamble what BIOS you'll actually receive.

Here's a list of AM4 mobos that don't even need a CPU to perform a BIOS flash. That's the other way around it, but they're out of your price range.
Thanks, what I can try to do is order the board and if its lower than 3.20/3.60 than i return it and i'll look the msi max boards

You won't know what version it has, except that it won't even post without the right BIOS version.

What's the issue with the board I linked? Are you pinching pennies to stay under €450, or? I ask, because there are other MSI B450 Max boards that are slightly cheaper because they give up 2 RAM slots, the VRM heatsink, VRM phases, and other features. Not compromises I'd made for the cost of a meal, but...

I think the issue here is that you're admittedly buying about the lowest end [lowest power] CPU that's available for this platform. Because of that, it's easy to argue that "this board is fine for the 3200G". But it's maybe likely in the future you'd want to upgrade to a better CPU at some point. If you skimp too much on the mobo now, you'll be needing a new/better mobo later if you upgrade to a better CPU instead of just throwing a new CPU in your current mobo. So saving €10-20 now could end up costing you €80+

I feel the same way about mobos with only 2 RAM slots. Unless you've got some other machine to transfer your 2x8GB sticks to, you'll end up having to spend double on a 2x16GB kit down the road when you end up wanting/needing more RAM instead of just adding another 2x8GB kit. I've rarely had a PC that didn't need its RAM doubled before the end of its lifespan. Not to mention that it's pretty common to give up more than just 2 RAM slots when you drop from 4 slots to 2.
In the case of the MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX vs Pro-VDH MAX, you're losing 2 RAM slots, cutting the audio chip back a notch, losing the VRM heatsink, losing a fan header, losing RGB, losing right-angle SATA connectors, losing 2 rear USB 2.0 ports, and losing the full-metal PCIe x16 slot...for €8.40 savings

Last edited:
Solution

SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020

I think the issue here is that you're admittedly buying about the lowest end [lowest power] CPU that's available for this platform. Because of that, it's easy to argue that "this board is fine for the 3200G". But it's maybe likely in the future you'd want to upgrade to a better CPU at some point. If you skimp too much on the mobo now, you'll be needing a new/better mobo later if you upgrade to a better CPU instead of just throwing a new CPU in your current mobo. So saving €10-20 now could end up costing you €80+

I feel the same way about mobos with only 2 RAM slots. Unless you've got some other machine to transfer your 2x8GB sticks to, you'll end up having to spend double on a 2x16GB kit down the road when you end up wanting/needing more RAM instead of just adding another 2x8GB kit. I've rarely had a PC that didn't need its RAM doubled before the end of its lifespan. Not to mention that it's pretty common to give up more than just 2 RAM slots when you drop from 4 slots to 2.
Hello, thank you a lot for the help, in amazon.de the msi b450m pro-m2 max costs 126€. I've looked at the MSI B450M-A PRO VDH MAX at amazon, it costs 60€ Can you confirm if the motherboard is ryzen 3000 ready out of the box? And what are the differences between the normal and the vdh ?
Thank you

Last edited:

SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
I'd go with the Seasonic. It was pretty decent in it's day. However, what type of build is it going into? List your specs.

IMO, neither would be great for a modern system with a decent Ryzen/Intel multicore CPU based PC.
I'm still working on the specs but here is a list of what it will may be. I know that i'll use the ryzen 3 3200g. List

That Amazon listing is deceptive. It says the B450M-A Pro MAX (2 RAM slots, and even more baron than the Pro-M2 MAX I mentioned earlier), but the picture is of the B450M Pro-VDH MAX (4 RAM slots, even says it on the box pic).

I'd bet, based on the price, that the picture is wrong and if you ordered it, you'd get a B450M-A Pro MAX. But maybe, because the pic is wrong (take a screenshot), you might be able to get them to exchange it at no cost for the VDH MAX!! 20€ upgrade....for free?

Again "MAX" is the keyword you're looking for to ensure out-of-the-box compatibility.

Last edited:

SpacEagle17

Prominent
Mar 11, 2020
That Amazon listing is deceptive. It says the B450M-A Pro MAX (2 RAM slots, and even more baron than the Pro-M2 MAX I mentioned earlier), but the picture is of the B450M Pro-VDH MAX (4 RAM slots, even says it on the box pic).

I'd bet, based on the price, that the picture is wrong and if you ordered it, you'd get a B450M-A Pro MAX. But maybe, because the pic is wrong (take a screenshot), you might be able to get them to exchange it at no cost for the VDH MAX!! 20€ upgrade....for free?

Again "MAX" is the keyword you're looking for to ensure out-of-the-box compatibility.
Thank you for everything

Hello, I want to build my first pc (gaming) but I don't have a high budget ( 400€ - 430€ I live in Germany). I've spend a lot of time searching and comparing pc pieces and I think I have found good ones. I'm not an expert (more a noob) so could you please look if my chooses are good. I've made a web where there are all the exact components because there are not all on pc part picker. I just buy from amazon because I had very good experiences with the returns. I want to play minecraft with this pc and I have now a laptop with the intel i3-6006u with integrated graphics card intel hd 520 and it runs Minecraft between 50-60 fps but there are often frame drops and if there are a lot of chunk updates like Redstone the fps drops to 0-10. And Minecraft is a game that uses more the cpu than the gpu. So i think that the ryzen 3200g is better than the intel i3-6006u and it will have more fps.
I3-6006u vs ryzen 3 3200g: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-6006U-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-3200G/m214467vsm824486

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC6CxTxat74

This is minecraft on ryzen 3 2200g: https://www.userbenchmark.com/PCGame/FPS-Estimates-Minecraft/3776/441833.441832.0.0.0

My website where are all the components: https://spaceagle17buildsapc.blogspot.com/2020/02/my-pc.html
Thank you guys a lot!

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I'd go with the Seasonic. It was pretty decent in it's day.

OP is asking about the III, not the II.
As far as I know, there's still no detailed review on the S12III's.
While it's outsourced, it's still a Seasonic platform - and (assumption) they wouldn't be retaining their branding on something they're not confident in, even outsourced.

Personally, I'd be comfortable enough running an S12III, but I'd stop shy of recommending to others.

@SpacEagle17 - all your threads appear to be addressing the same, overarching topic. Please stick to one.

Neither. EVGA BR is not good. And the SeaSonic is not even made by SeaSonic.

At this price, Corsair CX450 or CX550 is usually the best choice.
Agreed, but the budget is €50 (I think) and Corsair is €68. I think the budget was from another of the OP's threads or it was limited choice due to being prebuilt. He has a few. I'm getting confused but I agree the CX is better choice.