First PC Won’t POST / No Beeps / No Video / BOOT LED light red ... I’ve troubleshot!!! SOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2018
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
RAM: GeIL16GB (8x2) DDR4 Super LUCE RGB (AMD) 3000Mh
MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
PSU: Corsair CX850M
HSF: Cooler Master MA410P

I just put together my first build, was extremely excited and thought I nailed it, but upon initial boot, I’m seeing no video ☹️

My motherboard stereo is installed, but it doesn’t beep and the ‘boot’ LED is solid red on the EZ Debug area on MSI’s board.
RGB/Fans/Front USB (tested with mouse) all work fine.. but no video or way to get into my UEFI.

When I power up, in the EZ Debug LED area, my VGA indicator will stay red for a second or two and then it changes to the “Boot” indicator. That stays red for as long as I’m running.

What I’m hoping the issue is, is that I currently don’t have a monitor so I’m trying to boot using my TV as my output using an HDMI cable. I’ve tried inserting the HDMI from tv into both ports on my GPU, as well as the onboard HDMI port on my motherboard. No luck.

Everything is brand new out of the box, so unless I was solid a lemon, I don’t think it’s bad hardware...

Here’s what I’ve tried:

- Removing 1 of 2 sticks of RAM, testing it in multiple slots, and doing the same with the other. My motherboard’s stereo will beep and the DRAM LED indicator signals, so I know they’re working correctly but when I put both kits back in their correct positions (2A/2B) the dram light goes away

-I’ve rechecked all my cables / reseeded my GPU / different outlets / different HDMI cables/ different TVs.. all the stupid stuff lol

- HDMI from tv to both GPU ports and the onboard HDMI port from motherboard

- Cleared CMOS using screwdriver (no jumper)

Any and all feedback is appreciated! Other than “read the manual”... cause I already did

Reactions: RiseFromTheAshes
Solution
Don't mess with the components, you might indeed break something. It's just the tv. Try testing with a monitor connected to the graphics card mandatory. After installing Windows and graphics driver you can use the tv.
Status
Not open for further replies.