Question First Post Here! Building a PC

Rathnhake

Reputable
Jan 8, 2020
Hi everyone! so i´m currently searching components for my new gaming/editing/studying/opening10000tabsonchrome pc, the thing is , with so many options for stuff like ram, ssd, etc. im kinda lost..... i somehow managed to build a rig after watching like a thousand top picks for xxxx. So i would love to hear your recommendations/advices, especially since i want this to be a "future proof" pc . Im gonna use it mostly for gaming, graphic design and video editing

Im gonna write the why of every choice i made regarding each component, feel free to comletely destroy those if neccesary

CPU: I7 9700 - im not sure wheter i should go for a K or non K version, i´ve never overclocked in my life and i hate high temperatures, but if i can maybe overclock a bit without too much temp increase then maybe i should go for k?

GPU: 1080 Ti Asus Strix - My current graphics card, planning to go for a 2080 ti from the same brand in a future

MOTHERBOARD: Gygabyte Aorus z390 Ultra - not much here, i choose it based on the other components

RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 3200 Cl16 or Corsair Dominator RGB 3600 CL18 - Where i live this two are at the same price as the g skill z and some others, so they are not expensive, however, i dont know wich one to choose.....

STORAGE: Samsung 860 EVO AND WD Black SN750 NVMe - im planning on using the western digital to gaming and the samsung for the rest of the activities

POWER SUPPLY: EVGA G2 850/ G3 1000/ GQ1000 OR Thermaltake Tp Grand 850 - all 4 are 80 plus gold, the thermaltheke one is also modular(same as some evga) but the price difference is frickin big, although this is the only component in wich i dont care how much do i need to spend, as long as i get something very good. I need a minimum of 850(right now i dont need them, but who knows in 2 years?)

CPU FAN: Cooler Master Hyper 212 - its price makes it a great choice(when compared with something like the Noctua NH-D15, the later costing almost triple)

CASE: I dont know this one, im still chosing, not many Full Tower options to choose from(again, where i live) maybe i could go for a nzxt h710i, but i kinda want a full tower, it just feels better leaving more room for each component, also more fans and such...

So that´s basically it, hoping to see what do you think of it!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Future proof will always be a concept and after a while any high end system looses out on the title which is why I don't mention that term. If you must, state how long you want to hold onto the system.

Since we don't know where you're located and how much you're spending, the build you've listed is fine, except for that cooler. In this day and age, and that processor, you should be looking at a 360mm AIO or a 280mm at teh very least.

OS SSD?

Rathnhake

Reputable
Jan 8, 2020
Thanks! im from Argentina, and with the listed build above im probably spending around 1500 us dollars, and im planning on keepin this system for around 4 to 5 years if possible(by possible i mean games not suddenly being better looking then reality), and the operating system is WINDOWS 10 wich would be installed on the wd ssd