Question First power, no post (CPU Led and Code 00)

Mar 23, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I made my first build yersterday. But unfortunately is not posting. I can see Red Light on MoBo (CPU one) and code 00:

test.jpg

Here my Spec:

CPU: Ryzen 5950x
MOBO: MSI MEG X570 UNIFY
AIO: Kraken Z73
GPU: 3090 FE
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 128GB (4 x 32GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
M2: sabrent rocket 4 plus 1TB
HDD: Seagate Ironwolf PRO 6TB
PSU: Corsair HX1000
Case: Cooler Master H500M

I already try to:

• Update BIOS to last version (Flash Bios with a 2.0 USB Stick);
  • Clear CMOS;
  • Reseat all Components;
  • Boot with one RAM bank only;
  • Remove mobo Battery (also replaced with a new one);
  • Boot without M2 and HDD;

Is there any another test I can do? How I can verify if problem is CPU or MoBo?

Thank you for your help....

Jaegeren

Honorable
Jan 7, 2015
Do you have another MB to test with?
00 code is usually CPU or MB related. Could be your CPU is faulty, or your MB socket, it doesn't seem ram related as you already have tried swapping them around, have you tried running them in dual channel?
Have you tried reseating the CPU? are the mounting pressure on the waterblock adequate?
Any bent pins?
Is there thermal paste on the socket? (It can overflow if too much is applied)

Mar 23, 2021
Do you have another MB to test with?
00 code is usually CPU or MB related. Could be your CPU is faulty, or your MB socket, it doesn't seem ram related as you already have tried swapping them around, have you tried running them in dual channel?
Have you tried reseating the CPU? are the mounting pressure on the waterblock adequate?
Any bent pins?
Is there thermal paste on the socket? (It can overflow if too much is applied)
Did you try with only RAM in a2-b2?

Unfortunately I have not another MoBo to test.

Also tried to reseat the CPU and double checked if there were bended pins (thanks God CPU is immaculate). Put Thermal Paste againg and made sure AIO pressure is fine.

Also just tried dual channel RAM..

No Luck... :(

Jaegeren

Honorable
Jan 7, 2015
Well, it most likely is either a faulty MB or CPU then. I personally would skew towards replacing the MB first, most of the times it seems to be the MB that goes. However i would not completely leave the ram out as the cause, if you could get another pair of ram sticks to test with, it would be ideal. Could be one of the ram sticks that are bad as well.
Did you notice any static discharge while you where assembling it?

If you have a AM4 CPU laying around might want to try that, at least then you can confirm if it's actually the MB that has gone.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021
Well, it most likely is either a faulty MB or CPU then. I personally would skew towards replacing the MB first, most of the times it seems to be the MB that goes.
Have you been able to verify that BIOS version 7C35vA7 (or newer) is actually installed on the motherboard?

I can't verity anything because PC won't post. I can see nothing when I switch on the machine.. :(

TRENDING THREADS