Pixellius

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
I've saved up about 1,300 dollars, and I'm itching to get myself my very first "real" computer. I've had a pair in the past, one so old and slow I called it Old Yeller because of what I was about to do to the blasted thing. I've been trying to shop around, but there are so many opinions on the "optimal" gaming computer, it's making my head spin. I'm just looking for some helpful tips on certain stand-outs, features I should look for, things I should avoid. I'm not looking for the best parts for every aspect. I could care less about the sound, and lights in the case are nice, but I'm not looking for a fireworks display every time I push a button. The main things I'm looking for are great graphics (I'd like to be able to play games like Assasin's Creed and Left 4 Dead at full settings) and fast response (after suffering through the horrors of having to wait 15 minutes for a program to start up after I tell it to, I want this thing to -listen- to me!!) Other than that, I'd love a few opinions on water-cooled systems, since my room is in a very dusty basement, and fans would gunk up in a heartbeat. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

formerDScustomer

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Px
Stay away from DSO, a month and no computer. Oh they sent me one didn't work sent it back. It was the unprofessional customer service that told the real story. Good Luck, also don't fall for the price comparison. Retail even etailers make money on items, its captialism. Nothing wrong with that, just comparing a build price to a built price ingores retail and wholesale pricing which can be as much as 100% markup.??? Good luck in you range I'd stick with built.