First Samsung Galaxy S4 Image Leaked; No Home Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajrm

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Bated Breath...!!! looks a little bare at the bottom ..

hopefully kills the iPhone once and for all..

ajrm

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Kudos Zak ... for all the stick you've been taking.. most of it uncalled for....
Proper news this...

InvalidError

Titan
Using my N7 for a couple of months taught me one thing: I'd love to have hardware buttons for Home or disable/enable the on-screen system keys because I accidentally activate them often enough to become a significant irritant.

vikeor

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
Looks like a fake. The phone looks 2D and the flash reflection looks too real. Paper doesnt reflect light like that.

dns7950

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
[citation][nom]vikeor[/nom]Looks like a fake. The phone looks 2D and the flash reflection looks too real. Paper doesnt reflect light like that.[/citation]
It's a picture on a monitor, not paper.

G

Meh waiting on the Galaxy Note 3 next Summer with a 6.3 inch screen.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ajrm[/nom]looks a little bare at the bottom[/citation]It does, but I've always disliked the physical home button on my S3. I'd much rather have the home button be capacitive.
Give me a dedicated camera button though!

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]Meh waiting on the Galaxy Note 3 next Summer with a 6.3 inch screen.[/citation]
each time i read posts like this i always think at "meh ... waiting for Galaxy S8/Iphone22 5 years from now with 3D LED and a virtual vagina" no point in looking at half an year away to be realesed stuff... they are already outdated.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]ajrm[/nom]Bated Breath...!!! looks a little bare at the bottom .. hopefully kills the iPhone once and for all..[/citation]

I think you don't even understand both the non-tangible and tangible reasons why someone has a higher marginal utility for an iPhone over a Galaxy.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
No physical buttons yeah! Hopefully the rear speaker will be better than the original Galaxy S this time that one was fantastic. Hopefully a physical camera shutter button as well.

Best thing to do with the buttons on the GS3 is to enable virtual buttons on the screen, then make the 'Home' button a 'camera shutter' button, and make the 'menu' and 'back' buttons 'answer call' and 'hang up call' with long press.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]ajrm[/nom]Bated Breath...!!! looks a little bare at the bottom .. hopefully kills the iPhone once and for all..[/citation]

I wouldn't count on it.

raidenfox123

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
I would like to see it with a more rugged outer shell, I would rather have it be a little heavier and stronger then light and weak

[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]It does, but I've always disliked the physical home button on my S3. I'd much rather have the home button be capacitive.[/citation]
Interesting. I have a capacitive home button and have wanted it to be physical. Android use a long-press of the home button to bring up your running apps list. I've found that because it's capacitive, sometimes if my finger moves a bit while I'm holding, it doesn't register as a long hold. A physical button would register it as a hold as long as I keep pressure applied. A little movement wouldn't matter.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Solandri[/nom]Interesting. I have a capacitive home button and have wanted it to be physical. Android use a long-press of the home button to bring up your running apps list. I've found that because it's capacitive, sometimes if my finger moves a bit while I'm holding, it doesn't register as a long hold. A physical button would register it as a hold as long as I keep pressure applied. A little movement wouldn't matter.[/citation]Maybe that's what I dislike more now that I think about it: Not so much the physical button but the fact that you have to hold it down to see the running apps list. I can't think of a better way to do it though without adding another button. Tablets have a button for it, but no menu button. That wouldn't work so well on a phone IMO.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
The first picture is a picture of a note 2 with the home button removed by photoshop.

If you are going to doctor a photo, a little effort would be appreciated.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
I love how Tom's 99.9% of the time never links to the original article, and make it seem like it's originally there article!

mas

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004
Still NEED the larger screen of the Note2 - or more preferably the phone features in the full blown larger tablets - where browsing and secure remote terminal access would be the preeminent application - if ONLY they would integrate ssh & RDP at the OS level (where they belong) for a tightly integrated STABLE/robust solution - thus negating the need to carry around a laptop - complete with its ever present security exposure.

Then FINALLY we would have a truly compelling converged device negating the need for a separate phone and laptop and an overpriced underpowered tablet.

spp85

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
why the screen size is getting bigger and bigger?? Its better to call this thing as a tablet than smartphone. The optimum size for a smartphone display size is 4 inches or a maximum of 4.2 inches greater than that the phone becomes bulky to handle and feels like holding a book to the ear while talking to someone........

Status
Not open for further replies.