First StarCraft II Patch Detailed, Hitting September

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spigias

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
just to set things straight a small ds from the battlenet service when you play multi even local(ptp) will cause the "you were dropped" message and you get +1 defeat. So be polite james_lankford

angelraiter

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
[citation][nom]pollom[/nom]we want, Multilingual pack for Latin america version![/citation]

Yeh! I bought the game here in Brazil thinking the Manuals would be in Portuguese. Everything is in Portuguese, and the voice acting suck, the expressions are all weird, everything is weird! I don't know who they hired to translate for them, but they got seriously ripped off! Its so bad that I actually uninstalled the game. I played it for 2 days and dropped it. Blizzard needs to make so that if we want, we can just switch to the original voice acting in English.

G

the reaper change is really needed. those things could own a zerg player in the first 15 minutes of a game. and for everyone saying you can't play SC2 offline. if it detects you have no connection then it will ask if you want to play offline

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
Terran will still be very powerful and Zerg will still be too weak.
Terran rocks on every single aspect:

i. All-around-units: Thors, BCs, marines. Kill both air and ground. Only race with t1 both air/ground ability.
2. Biggest range: Siege tanks and Vikings have the biggest range on the game.
3. Best a/a building on the game.
4. Best scouting with satellite scan which is way to OP, canceling burrowed roaches, or DT harassment. Also they can have early warning with the 2nd type o tower.
5. Best resource gathering with MULES.
6. Best spell-casters with Ghost's devastating EMP vs Toss, and Raven's arsenal vs everything. Who else has a spell-caster who cancels the other spell-casters?
7. Best t1 - t1.5 combo (MM, MMM combinations)
8. Best and more harassment units than anyone: Banshees, Helion, Reaper
9. Strongest t3 units: BCs beat just everything from Carriers and Voids to Hydras and Stalkers (hope the patch will fix this though).
10. Mobility: You build your Command Center in the safety of your base, then move it everywhere.
11. Safety: The only race that has "door" for its base.

I feel pity for the poor Zerg. At t3 they have NOTHING versus heavy units. Ultralisks sucked anyway, and Corruptors/Guardians are ground or air only. The only patch that could make any sense, is the one that will give ultralisks the ability to fly.. :D :D :D

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
void rays have hardly any health and cost quite a lot. HIt them with some decent anti-air and it's over.

A Void ray costs as much as 2 banchees and will get eaten up by them.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]hillarymakesmecry[/nom]void rays have hardly any health and cost quite a lot. HIt them with some decent anti-air and it's over.A Void ray costs as much as 2 banchees and will get eaten up by them.[/citation]

Banshees can't attack air units. . .

NotYetRated

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Good lord. Nerfing the tanks and battle cruisers before touching the void rays? I agree with the toss changes the reaper build time change. But to leave Rays out of the picture is ridiculous. And who uses battle cruisers anyways? A handful of marines absolutely demolishes them. Especially if you throw in some meds..

Wheat_Thins

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Godfail[/nom]Necessity is only to activate, just like most Microsoft products (unless you phone them in). As far as custom games go, they are played Peer to Peer, so if you understand basic routing and port forwarding, the furthest you are from another player is two hops on a LAN.[/citation]

Godfail, you misunderstood his post. What he really meant to say is I will not pirate this game until they make it where I can play on LAN without authenticating to Bnet. The only people this is hindering is the people to cheap to pay money for a game they will dump hundreds of hours into.

Stifle

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
"The ultralisk building attack (Ram) is being removed because the damage rate is too similar to its normal attack, which will be used against buildings instead." - Why not just remove the specific activated ability and keep the animation against buildings? seems like a way to both cover your mistake and keep the flavor of the unit...

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]Banshees can't attack air units. . .[/citation]

I was talking about the banchee not the banshee. : o P

Whatever the terran air unit that can transform is, I Forgot the name.

mriviecc

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I agree with the previous poster.. hydras are underpowered or maybe hellions are overpowered, or maybe I just suck at SCII.

noodlegts

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
IMO the biggest fail here is that in an attempt to stop proxy rushing, they are making the real game worse - zealot rushes are hard to counter as zerg, but it can be done if you're good. Meanwhile, a 6 pool is going to be impossible to counter unless you balls out rush yourself, in which case you're screwed if they don't rush.

renixis_infinity

Distinguished
May 23, 2010
I don't use BCs that much unless my opponent hasn't been attacking that much especially in late 3v3 games. Not sure how much will affect my tactics if they decrease the attack damage of BCs

I'm a Protoss user but Void Rays should really be nerfed, I mean VR rush to my workers on 1v1 totally decimates me heck I even used it against my opponents sometimes and I won most of the time without breaking a sweat. VRs are even deadlier in numbers

Zealot proxy rush? I wonder about Proxy barracks, I even experienced my opponent building up three barracks nearby me and all of his reapers/mass marauders murdering my workers and base

One thing they should really change about the Protoss is, Cannon Rush, its simply hard to stop especially when your opponent lays down 3 of it nearby your base

Increasing the build time of reapers seems will not affect my tactics that much for mid games to late games but I'm sure gonna miss getting decimated by Reaper rushes

Can't say a thing about the Zerg, I suck at using them >.>

theramman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
Wow!
Great so now that they up't the time to build zeblots im going to get zerg rushed alot more or i culd build cannons and waste a bunch of money... thx blizzard

I think...
1.Void Rays need alonger charge time and a faster charge drop
2.Reapers should should also take 50 more gas
3.Zerglings should take a maybe 5-10sec more to make or slow em down
4.Give protoss the ability to make an uncloacked Observer(thay DOESNT detect cloacked units) from the Nexus for 100m

There is a few more I cant think of right now but I think this would atleast slow down rushes...
Tho some kinda system to help prevent unit spam... Maybe after you build X number they drop a few points and after X number they drop a few more points, Help cut down on spamming and make armys more veritile...

jtran9

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2008
[citation][nom]rmse17[/nom]LoL. They say tanks are doing too well.. but in SC tank siege damage is 70. And it works just fine. Blizz... round robin nerfing is not a solution to game balance. Ever notice how 90% of balance changes in all patches (beta and now) are nerfs? They nerf a unit, then they have to nerf another, cause it became too powerful following the original nerf, etc, etc. *sigh* at least there is still SC1 to come back to[/citation]

If you noticed though, in SC1, Siege tanks did reduced damage to small and medium units. They would do half of there full damage to small units and about 3/4 the damage to medium size units. Half of 75 is roughly 37.5 damage. At the current moment in SC2, they are during FULL damage to those same small units. That is how siege tanks were balanced in SC1, and that is how they are trying to get it to in SC2.

Status
Not open for further replies.