First StarCraft II Patch Detailed, Hitting September

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbdotnetrulz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
The ultralisk change is hardly a nerf. They are losing 5 damage against armored, but their cleave ability now applies to buildings as well which is very useful. That being said, I can't wait for the patch.

rmse17

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2007
LoL. They say tanks are doing too well.. but in SC tank siege damage is 70. And it works just fine.

Blizz... round robin nerfing is not a solution to game balance. Ever notice how 90% of balance changes in all patches (beta and now) are nerfs?

They nerf a unit, then they have to nerf another, cause it became too powerful following the original nerf, etc, etc. *sigh* at least there is still SC1 to come back to

G

> at least there is still SC1 to come back to

SC1 at its present form is a culmination of "nerfs". Balancing the game is a continuous process.

If there's one thing I'd like to see nerfed in SC2, it would be those friggin void rays.

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]planchero[/nom]Still waiting for them to get rid of the necessity for internet to play[/citation]

Necessity is only to activate, just like most Microsoft products (unless you phone them in). As far as custom games go, they are played Peer to Peer, so if you understand basic routing and port forwarding, the furthest you are from another player is two hops on a LAN.

Godfail

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]rmse17[/nom]LoL. They say tanks are doing too well.. but in SC tank siege damage is 70. And it works just fine. Blizz... round robin nerfing is not a solution to game balance. Ever notice how 90% of balance changes in all patches (beta and now) are nerfs? They nerf a unit, then they have to nerf another, cause it became too powerful following the original nerf, etc, etc. *sigh* at least there is still SC1 to come back to[/citation]

Have you actually been playing SC2? Seige tanks really are a lot more powerful than in SC1, it's a different game. And if you don't understand that, I don't think you should be making comments about how to balance.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rmse17[/nom]LoL. They say tanks are doing too well.. but in SC tank siege damage is 70. [/citation]I'm not completely opposed to what they did, but I think they took it too far. I'm a Terran player, btw. They should have changed them to something like 40 damage, +10 vs armored. Good compromise.

The zealot build time needed nerfing. My protoss friends could pump out an amazing amount of zealots very early on. Chrono boost is pretty amazing too, but with the zealot changes it doesn't matter to me.

I disagree with the changes to battlecruiser damage. I mean... nerf BCs (which cost 400/300 each and require a Core, not to mention additional upgrades to be effective), increase build time on Reapers and Zealots... but ignore Void Rays? Even my Protoss buddies all lament the fact that Carriers are half dead now. They're just not usually worth it anymore, you can dump out VRs fast and relatively cheap.

Ch33ky

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Sounds to
me that blizzard is taking
a nerf bat to the
really cheese builds
this time around.

All races seem to be
needing the nerf bat just
doesn't seem right to me.

Wonder if blizzard
is going
to make it so
that all
you can do is mid to late game builds?

hellswaters

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
Not happy with this prelim list of changes. Nothing to MMM, nothing to void rays. And no, im not a zerg player.

Zealot change really hurts toss vs zerg as it will be tough to get that unit out before the zerglings arrive. Let alone a second one.

Battle cruisers and siege tanks never had a issue with.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]chrislisk[/nom]If there's one thing I'd like to see nerfed in SC2, it would be those friggin void rays.[/citation]
No, not my precious Void Rays!

If there is one thing I would love for them to add is auto login on my PC. I can't stand all these companies having to cover their asses by removing useful features for everyone so that a few don't screw themselves over!

Oh, and how about letting me play the single player without having to be logged in. I couldn't play the other because I couldn't connect to Battle.net (turns out, SC2 wouldn't let me connect as long as I had bittorrent turned on).

AMW1011

Distinguished
The zealot build time is being increased from 33 to 38 seconds, and the warpgate cooldown is being increased from 23 to 28 seconds. Blizzard says this is because Zealot rushes are too powerful the window players have to scout for and fend off this rush is too small.

Okay, zealot rushes can be a problem, but they aren't the worst rushes. However, this will make it even more difficult for the protoss to fend off a 6 pool from zerg. Protoss were already really weak against 6 pools, now it will be impossible without cannons. This will also make PvP even more of a stalker spam fest.

Also, the siege tank nerf will go against the protoss too. Its really easy and effective to ambush a Terran ball and get their own siege tanks to soften it up for free. The zerg have the infestors to do the same very effectively. That is why I like the really powerful STs, it makes them a double edged sword.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
So now terran have what to defend against stalkers? Marines and banshees. I haven't seen a protoss player yet who makes a main army consisting of less than 75% stalkers. Oh boy! Sure, BC's were powerful, but decreasing their attack by 20% is bull. No one used them in 1v1 anyway.(and won)(ok maybe I did once or twice)
The problem is zerg. I could reaper rush their base, losing them equivalent of 500 minerals within 10 minutes, yet they'll have enough to continuously pump our lings, and eventually enough roaches to kill my army regardless of what I make, or how fast. Don't get on my about strategy unless you're a diamond rank.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Glad I got the single player campaign out of the way when I did. I don't multiplay unless with family/friends. My reaction time is too slow for modern e-athletes.

james_lankford

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2008
[citation][nom]planchero[/nom]Still waiting for them to get rid of the necessity for internet to play[/citation]
you do NOT have to be connected to the internet to play, moron

Status
Not open for further replies.