First system built and overclocked do these temps seem okay?

adam1712

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
Okay so i built my first rig and it all went perfect (touch wood) Been going good for a few weeks so i thought id try OC'ing it since i got the K edition i7 2600 :)

I have never done either before and from what ive been reading i think my temps are okay but i was concerned about my thermal paste application, so would be a massive relief if you guys could confirm that all is okay, and if not atleast i know i need to change something...

Specs:
P8Z68-V Pro motherboard
i7 2600K
1600Mhz 8GB Corsair Vengeance

(I think that all the relevant info)
Oh and cooler is Zalman 9900MAX Blue

I havent played with OC'ing via bios yet just kept it in windows using TurboV under load i set it to ramp all cores upto 4.4Ghz which i checked and it does, i have left it on autovoltage and Cpu-z reports it is at 1.28V max i think?

Anyway the temps...
Prime95 it tops out at 66C then settles around 63C max (some cores only get upto 61 max so im just using the max temp)
When i run CoreDamage aswell as as prime i hit 67C and all cores stay at the maximum they seem to be going.

Idle its usually between 32-36C

Do these tmeps seem okay? Is there anything you guys think i should be doing/changing? Im not into getting a 5Ghz OC because i dont have the best cooler and im not too fussed about getting it as fast as possible, Ive heared keeping it below 73 is the safest but can go upto 90 so if thas true i THINK? i have a nice safe oc?

Thanks for any advice/abuse if i have messed up :)

adam1712

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
Okay just downloaded intel burn test and i have that running but it only used 50% cpu so i ran core damage too and now im hitting 73C is that okay?