[SOLVED] First time AMD GPU user

Bored_Gamer

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2013
So just installed my RX 570 and noticed that there's a bunch of options on the Radeon software. Are there things that I should tinker with or just let the settings be?

Solution
Depends on your skill level.

Do you have a FreeSync monitor?

I think tweaking in AMD WattMan is very beneficial in reducing temps/noise as well as keeping clock frequencies from potentially throttling back (you can check this using GPUz or similar monitoring software while putting the GPU under a load like FurMark or 3DMark.

Here's an Undervolting Guide I put together for WattMan. You generally get ~30W power reduction doing this. I can help with additional questions (after you read that guide).
As an FYI, here's some points along the core frequency curve that I've generally found stable for most cards.
1000MHz = 890mV
1100MHz = 910mV
1200MHz = 940mV (this 940mV is typically an inflection point on the curve, it gets steeper...

Wolfshadw

Titan
I wouldn't go willy-nilly, but if you look up what each option means and what it does and how it might affect your system, then you can start to tinker. If you don't have time to learn what all that means, then I'd probably just leave it alone.

-Wolf sends

Depends on your skill level.

Do you have a FreeSync monitor?

I think tweaking in AMD WattMan is very beneficial in reducing temps/noise as well as keeping clock frequencies from potentially throttling back (you can check this using GPUz or similar monitoring software while putting the GPU under a load like FurMark or 3DMark.

Here's an Undervolting Guide I put together for WattMan. You generally get ~30W power reduction doing this. I can help with additional questions (after you read that guide).
As an FYI, here's some points along the core frequency curve that I've generally found stable for most cards.
1000MHz = 890mV
1100MHz = 910mV
1200MHz = 940mV (this 940mV is typically an inflection point on the curve, it gets steeper above this value. Notice that values below this are ~25mV/100MHz and values above are 100mV/100MHz)
1300MHz = 1030mV
1400MHz = 1150mV

Solution