First time build - any advice?

Phase Delta

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
Hello!

I've decided to make the leap into PC gaming after a few months of considering it. I've never built a computer before, but I'd like to make one that is relatively future-proof, and is able to run modern games at good settings. One game in particular I'm interested in is Star Citizen - despite hearing that it's quite intensive in requirements.

Anyway, here's what I've put together as an initial build:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/tfRbpb

Around £1200 is the max price I'd be willing to go, considering I'd like the build to last me a good while ideally. Also, I'm unfortunately limited to a wireless network at the moment, so the build needs to be able to achieve a connection over wi-fi.

I'm also aware that the build I've suggested is probably far from optimised - that's why I thought I'd come here and ask some people who actually have an inkling of what they're doing! Perhaps there's bottlenecks I haven't noticed or a way to save some money.

Any feedback or suggestions would be most welcome.

Phase Delta

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

The only reason I included the Windows 10 Pro was it was the only one on the list that actually registered as a price. I plan on getting a cheaper OS, but I'd rather over-estimate than under-estimate.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!