Question First time build help please.

Jan 26, 2021
I'm a first time builder here having some trouble and would appreciate some help. I just built my first pc today but I am having a few problems. The list of parts I've used for the build can be found here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Bisson/saved/mBBL99 .
I'm having a couple of problems the first being that when I first power it on the CPU fan starts spinning, the GPU fan spins but nothing posts and from what I can tell there are no bios beep codes heard . My second problem is that I have connected all four of my fans in a chain and then each separately to the motherboard for power however only one of the fans spin and am looking for some help with what could be wrong here? My third and final problem from what I can tell is the the PC does not turn off when the power on button is held for longer than four seconds so I am looking for help with this as well.
Many thanks if you've read this far I really do appreciate it.
Image of my build

First thing that comes to my mind is there might be some power cable not connected or isn't seated properly and thus bad contact.

You may want to keep the locking clip open when seating the power connector to reduce the force needed to plug it in.

Instead of going through a lot of these myself. I highly suggest you follow this guide:

The checklist will make you go through most of the mistakes done by many beginners (and even amateurs) and usually this will solve the issue for more than half of first time builders.

Please go through this checklist, and if you are still having issues. Come back here and we can help you go through more specific scenarios.

Reactions: Why_Me
Jan 26, 2021
Instead of going through a lot of these myself. I highly suggest you follow this guide:

The checklist will make you go through most of the mistakes done by many beginners (and even amateurs) and usually this will solve the issue for more than half of first time builders.

Please go through this checklist, and if you are still having issues. Come back here and we can help you go through more specific scenarios.
Thank you for this I think I've solved my problem now I am not entirely sure what was wrong but its now posting so thanks!