Question First time build! I don't have enough fan headers on my motherboard.

Nov 4, 2019
So my mobo only has 2 fan headers. 1 is for my cpu but I still got 3 more fans to go. the stock fans i got has a molex socket in the middle and ends in a 3-pin.
This might sound stupid but can I connect the 3 fans through their molex sockets back to back (like the human centipede) and then plug the 3 pin at the end into the motherboard?

can I connect the 3 fans through their molex sockets back to back (like the human centipede) and then plug the 3 pin at the end into the motherboard?
You can connect your fans to power supply (molex connectors) - they will run at full speed and not get regulated though.
It is not recommended to connect more than 2 fans to single fan header on motherboard.

Do not connect a fan to molex and motherboard fan header simultaneously. You may use only one of those connections (or damage to motherboard is possible).

Should work. 3 fans is typically the max for a motherboard connection. Won’t hurt to try.
Well - it can hurt ...
Fan header on motherboard usually is limited to 1A . If total current draw for all fans connected exceeds this value, then fan header gets killed. In some situations this also can kill whole motherboard.
For example if single fan uses 0.3A, then you can connect 3 of them. If single fan uses 0.5A, then you can connect only 2. Connecting 3rd one kills fan header (and possibly board also).

Nov 4, 2019
Well - it can hurt ...
Fan header on motherboard usually is limited to 1A . If total current draw for all fans connected exceeds this value, then fan header gets killed. In some situations this also can kill whole motherboard.
For example if single fan uses 0.3A, then you can connect 3 of them. If single fan uses 0.5A, then you can connect only 2. Connecting 3rd one kills fan header (and possibly board also).

I have the Gigabyte b450m ds3h with hybrid fan headers which supposedly supports up to 2 amps with built-in overcurrent protection. Im just not sure if I can 'daisy chain' my 3 fans with their molex conectors and then plug the 3-pin at end into the mobo. (my fans look similar to this https://www.akyga.com/product-big-image/AW-12C-BL/AW-12C-BL_02.jpg )
I cant seem to find anything about daisy chaining fans, everyone just uses splitters which I cant easily get in a timely manner.