Mar 17, 2021
Hi there! First time posting here. This is my first build in over a decade:

ASRock x570 Taichi
Corsair RM850 Gold PSU
Ryzen 7 5800x
WD Black SN850
be quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 PSU Fan
be quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case.
G.SKill Trident NEO F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC (which isn't listed on the mobos QVL, so perhaps that is an issue?
Windows 10 Home 64 bit on a usb stick

*Given the terrible GPU market, and since I needed something to even use the system, I bought a super cheap Nvidia GT 710 until I can get my hands on a real graphics card hopefully in the coming months. It looks absolutely silly plugged into a big long pcie 4.0 x16 slot. From what I could find it shouldn't be an issue though? Maybe someone can confirm that for me.

Now to the issue:
I flashed the bios to the latest version for Ryzen, worked fine, didnt show an error, put it all together, plugged in an HDMI, usb keyboard and power. When I turn it on, it runs through a bunch of codes trying to post, then turns off briefly (maybe a few seconds max) then back on, at this point the screen turns on, shows Nvidia GT 710 screen, then says press F2 or del for UEFI or F11 for BIOS. I tried both of those but can't get beyond this point. The screen just goes blank after that, and the error code on the mobo shows A9, which in the manual simply says dxe_setup_start.
The CPU Fan runs when it is on, but the case fans and LEDs don't, i double checked and from what i can tell everything is plugged in properly, i turn it on from the front power button on the case, so that seems to be fine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I know it is a bit unique given the old pcie 2 gpu in a new computer, so im leaning towards that being the problem? But maybe I missed something. Any help or tips you guys can throw my way would be very appreciated!!!

-Ben

Mar 17, 2021
Making progress. I reset my cmos, flashed the bios again and then it booted. It keeps randomly shutting off at times, which is frustrating because it doesnt give an error code when it does. I was able to install windows and start making updates, update the gpu driver, etc. When I was in the bios i noticed the RAM had set to default of 2133, maybe that has something to do with it or it is incompatible?

Also the case fans and some case features are still not working, but progress is progress!