Question First time build startup issues

Nov 16, 2020
Okay here goes..
Yesterday I built this PC up and it started up, yay! Unfortunately I couldn't seem to figure out the RGB fans so my buddy came over to help tonight. I think he plugged a 3pin from the rear fan into a 3 pin LED port on the mobo and turned it on and we heard one "pop" and he yanked the PSU cable out... hope it's not fried. Now with the fans all disconnected (like before) I tried to start it up and the mobo and power button are all flashing (see video below) and it won't boot up.

View: https://youtu.be/A1iZU7Xi_QY

Ryzen 3600x
Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro Wifi
MSI Geforce RTX 2060 6b
Gigabyte 650w PSU
Deepcool Matrexx 50 Add RGB case
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3600MHz DDR4
WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe PCI-E

I'm hoping we didn't damage anything... and I can't seem to find this issue anywhere. Much appreciated if anyone takes the time to help me! I tried clearing the CMOS with a screwdriver (it's not a button one) and the mobo battery removed.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I wonder why your friend yanked the plug when he seemed to be confidently doing what he did with the cables. What model is the Gigabyte PSU? You might want to breadboard the entire system and not have any fans on it to see if the board still POST's, with one stick of ram on the ram slot designated in the motherboard manual.

You can remove the CMOS battery(without a screwdriver) to clear the CMOS but I think your friend did a number on the board.

Nov 16, 2020
Thanks for the welcome! I wish it wasn’t under these circumstances lol

It’s a Gigabyte GP-P650B 650w 80 plus bronze PSU.

I’ll have a look at what breadboarding means later... I took the whole system apart (except the CPU as I have no thermal past) and put it back together without the fans and I’m still getting the same flashing.

I did remove the battery on the mobo and no luck.

One quick pop from a fan being plugged into the wrong part of the mobo and the whole thing dies eh? Sad days. Should I take it back to the shop (1.5 hour drive) and get them to have a look or should I just order a new mobo and start again? :( devo