Question First time build won't work - LED flashes on mobo, then nothing comes on

Mar 31, 2020
Hi, I cannot get my build to post, let alone indicate it's turning on. The parts are as follows:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Wifi
PSU: EVGA 750 GQ
RAM: 2x8GB G Skill Ripjaws V 3600
GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT Red Dragon
Storage: Samsung 500 GB 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD

Everytime I have tried to turn it on, a white LED near the io shield flashes on for a split second, and nothing else. I have done a motherboard box test with just the cpu, cooler, ram, and gpu hooked up. I have reseated all pins for the motherboard, cpu, and gpu. For the ram I have tried dual channel, single channel with just one stick (for both) in A2. Tried with the SSD hooked up in the M.2 slot. Paperclip test for the psu showed it worked. Still tried another psu. Have gotten a brand new mobo (previous was open box). Nothing seems to be shorted or laying around on the board because it's a light, not a spark. I have reset the CMOS.

I don't know what else to do. Is there a compatibility issue I'm not seeing? It's not even like the CPU fan spins for a second. When it's all hooked up, I flick the power switch, the light flashes, then nothing. No video out from the GPU, no other lights on the board. Please help.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS