Question First time builder fans

Aug 9, 2020
This site is great...

So I am a first time PC builder and ran into an issue. So my case has an RGB fan hub preinstalled. My fans have 2 wire connectors on them. 1 for the RGB hub and the other for the motherboard. The main connectors also at the bottom of the hub, 1 for USB header on motherboard and the other one for SATA power connection to PSU. I have them all connected to the RGB hub and USB header and SATA power but I don’t have enough fan headers on the mother board. I was looking to daisy chain or use another hub but do I need to do all that? If I am drawing power from SATA, why am I also connecting to motherboard? I’m kind of confused, could anyone help? Thank you.

kanewolf

Titan
This site is great...

So I am a first time PC builder and ran into an issue. So my case has an RGB fan hub preinstalled. My fans have 2 wire connectors on them. 1 for the RGB hub and the other for the motherboard. The main connectors also at the bottom of the hub, 1 for USB header on motherboard and the other one for SATA power connection to PSU. I have them all connected to the RGB hub and USB header and SATA power but I don’t have enough fan headers on the mother board. I was looking to daisy chain or use another hub but do I need to do all that? If I am drawing power from SATA, why am I also connecting to motherboard? I’m kind of confused, could anyone help? Thank you.
Please provide the case make and model so that we can find a users manual.

Aug 9, 2020
Please provide the case make and model so that we can find a users manual.
Sorry, I didn’t know if that would be general question. I am building in a 220T case from Corsair. The fans are also Corsair. 3 mounted into the case on arrival and I purchased 3 LL120 fans that I installed. Total of six. The fans that were in the case have a 3 pin female connector and the LL120 fans have a 4 pin female connector. Motherboard is an ASROCK B450M steel legend and the headers are 4-pin but with take 3 or 4. Thanks for the help.