Build Advice First time builder looking for advice.

Nov 16, 2022
Hello everyone!
Im putting my first ever build together but I am still unsure about the parts I chose. I would like your advice/opinions so I can rest assured that my build actually performs as it should.
I am completely new to the PC scene, so most of my "knowledge" comes from watching YouTube. By all means, feel free to give me advice.
I live in Europe and my budget is around €3.000 (excluding a monitor).

The pc will be used mainly for gaming (Elden Ring, Red Dead 2, Valorant,...), and I want to run these games smoothly on High (or ultra) settings.
Another thing this pc will be used for is 3D work and rendering in Blender. For now, I am not interested in overclocking as I don't know much about it and I don't know if it is worth the trouble except for when you are an enthusiast.
The monitor I am thinking of buying is the Gigabyte m27q x (1440p 240hz). For now I will only use 1 monitor but after one, maybe two years I might get a second screen.

The rest of the setup would look like this:
CPU: 13700k
Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS PRO (rev. 1.0), socket 1700
A cpu cooler: Noctua NH-U12A Chromax.black
RAM: 2x16gb Crucial DDR5-4800 memory
SSD: Samsung 980 pro 2TB SSD
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Tempered glass Black
Case fans(2): Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM Chromax.black.swap
PSU: Corsair RM1000e
GPU: *
* The gpu is a different story. At first, I was thinking of getting a 3080ti, with black friday coming up, I was hoping to get a reasonable discount on last gens high-end gpus.
But now, with RDNA 3 coming next month, I don't really know what to do. I've read that you can't go wrong with AMD for gaming, but can I trust that these GPUs will be good for 3D work as well?
Moreover, are we certain that the new AMD cards will perform as promised? Reviews will come out after black friday, and by then i may have missed out on discounts for the 3080TI for example.

I am uncertain about what motherboard to get. The Gigabyte z690 AORUS PRO is portrayed as a good motherboard, but maybe I am buying a product and paying for features I won't even use. Maybe the motherboard is not able to provide the features that my other components use. I am unsure.
Another question: Can I expect to save some money on black friday or should I look out for inflated prices? Will I even be able to find discounts on new generation products or should I not get my hopes up?

Lastly, I will list some things I am still unsure about: Help will be appreciated!
  1. How much does ram speed matter? Is DDR5-6000 a worthwile investment over DDR5-4800? (now and in the long run)
  2. What does this mean for my motherboard? Does faster ram mean that i would have to get a more expensive motherboard?
  3. Would you recommend extra case fans or are these unnecessary?
  4. Should I buy a standard windows License or can I use a Windows CD-Key? What makes the CD-keys so cheap? are they equal to a standard windows license or do they come with compromises?
If you read all this and/or replied, I am very grateful to you. Thanks for helping out!

Last edited by a moderator: