Question First Time Builder - Need Help With Choosing a Case

legendkiller2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2015
Hello everyone!
I have finally decided to build a PC on my own after owning laptops for the past 13 years and I need some help in deciding which options are the best for my build.
I am planning to build something that would last me at least 4-5 years - do some light productivity + gaming(1440p). I am not a competitive gamer. I play games as a hobby.
My build will be around a R9 7900x.
I would like to know which case to get from the ones below(They are the only available ones in my country):
  • NZXT H710i - $180
  • NZXT H710 - $180
  • NZXT H510 Elite - $168
  • CoolerMaster Mastercase H500P Mesh - $160
  • MSI MPG Velox 100p Airflow Case - $137. MY CURRENT PICK.
  • NZXT H510i - $120
  • COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX TD500 - $91
  • COOLER MASTER MASTERBOX 520 MESH - $91
Thanks in advance!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
What are your expectations for the case?

For me it's to house my parts so I went with a cheap focus g

For others it's to "look good" or to be flashy. Specific coolers may need more space needing a specific type of case

And so on and so on. You need to define your needs/wants before deciding what is best for you

legendkiller2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2015
Why is that case your current pick?

What do you like about it..........or dislike about the others? We don't know what might get you to change your mind.

There's probably air flow differences between them. You may not care much about that.
It's my pick just because it's the newest release out of the lot and the airflow seems to be good. It has some cool features like the 4 preinstalled fans and led stripes .
I am open to any suggestions!
I do not care about looks at all.

My main concerns/needs:
Best price/performance.
Best airflow.
Able to fit a 360mm AIO on top without issues.
Easy to build in for a first time builder.

legendkiller2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2015
What are your expectations for the case?

For me it's to house my parts so I went with a cheap focus g

For others it's to "look good" or to be flashy. Specific coolers may need more space needing a specific type of case

And so on and so on. You need to define your needs/wants before deciding what is best for you
Thanks for your reply!

My main concerns/needs:
Best price/performance.
Best airflow.
Able to fit a 360mm AIO on top without issues.
Easy to build in for a first time builder.

The MSI case you like is fine, has good airflow and is flexible. Nothing wrong with that choice. Much better airflow than the h510's from NZXT. I say this as an owner of a NZXT h510 and an MSI Gungnir 110R case. No complaints with the build quality of either case and both feel solid when picking them up.

Reactions: legendkiller2

legendkiller2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2015
The MSI case you like is fine, has good airflow and is flexible. Nothing wrong with that choice. Much better airflow than the h510's from NZXT. I say this as an owner of a NZXT h510 and an MSI Gungnir 110R case. No complaints with the build quality of either case and both feel solid when picking them up.
Thanks man! Appreciate the feedback. Do you think the MSI is worth paying more than the Cooler Master options like the TD500 Mesh? I am looking for something with space for a first time builder with good airflow and would like to ask if you think the 3 front + 1 rear preinstalled fans will be enough to cool a 7900x CPU + 3070/3080 GPU or I have to replace the fans with better ones?

TRENDING THREADS