Question First time builder

Nov 16, 2019
Hello,
I'm very new to this so bare with me. I recently tried to up grade my cpu. Trying to upgrade from a ryzen 5 to ryzen 7 3700x i have a ab350m gaming 3 mother board and geforce gtx 2080 ti graphics card ,16gb ram

So here is when my build goes south. I attempted to remove the old cpu but i had a tough time getting the after market cooler off the cpu. Once i was able to get it off, the cooler came off with the cpu as well with out me unlocking it. I then proceeded to install the new cpu (ryzen 7 3700x) with the stock cooler. Once i had everything connected, i turned on the computer, it turned on but it gave no signal to my monitors, and the usb ports did not function as well (no led lights on back of motherboard either). Only the fans where working along with the hard drive. I noticed the red led light on my motherboard for the cpu. So i tried reinstalling the cpu again and checking all my connections.

Thinking i bought a defective cpu i exchanged it, connected the new one and still red led light. I tried taking out the cmos bat a few times and also grounding the cmos as well to see if it will restart and nothing light is still there. The cpu is in good condition all the pins are straight.
My guess is that the socket got messed up when i removed the old cpu. So i just needed a second opinion before i got buy a new mother board

Thanks and sorry for the long post

Nov 15, 2019
My guess the board may got damaged in an attempt to remove the old cpu , or you have disconnected something accidently. Also make sure there's smaller 12 volt power (together with the main power) connected from the Power Supply to the motherboard. (I had this issue when forgot to connect the first time trying to install asus motherboard)

Nov 16, 2019
I did forget to attach the 12v ps to the motherboard, but still red light still there also i did not update my bios before installing new cpu ,and i tried installing old cpu to see if i can boot it up to update it but still had the same problem

Nov 15, 2019
I did forget to attach the 12v ps to the motherboard, but still red light still there also i did not update my bios before installing new cpu ,and i tried installing old cpu to see if i can boot it up to update it but still had the same problem
Does it work with the original CPU?