First time building a computer from scratch.

TylerJohn22

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
I have limited knowledge of part compatibility and this community has been a great help so far so i'm going to post my parts list for the gaming pc i'm planning to build and i'd like somebody to look it over and give me some feedback. Keep in mind I would like to keep it close to $1000 and get the most bang for my buck.

CPU - Intel Core i5-7500
Motherboard - MSI Pro Z270-a
GPU - PNY GeForce GTX 1060 6gB
Ram Cards - Crucial 8gB DDR4 (Dual?)
PPU - EVGA 700 B1 80+ Bronze 700w
Hard Drive - Seagate 1tB

I would also like to know if it would be a good fit for the case i have in mind (Corsair carbide Spec-04 mid-size). Would i also be able to fit a CD drive in without compromising necessary space? Any feedback helps, Thanks!

Solution
Ram -get a 2x4GB DDR3-2400Mhz kit.
Motherboard - drop down to a B250 motherboard since you don't have an i5 K suffixed processor part. the Z series of chipsets are meant for overclocking.
PSU - You could get away with a CX550M if you can source Corsair products.
Case - No you can't fit an optical drive int that case.

Mind you, you didn't state where you're located and since you've suggested a threshold/budget, I think you should let us see if we can build you as system...better yet read through this and post a followup here with the necessary details.

If not the parts you've chosen + my suggestions would make a good system. Oh right, you forgot to include an SSD.

Lutfij

Titan
Ram -get a 2x4GB DDR3-2400Mhz kit.
Motherboard - drop down to a B250 motherboard since you don't have an i5 K suffixed processor part. the Z series of chipsets are meant for overclocking.
PSU - You could get away with a CX550M if you can source Corsair products.
Case - No you can't fit an optical drive int that case.

Mind you, you didn't state where you're located and since you've suggested a threshold/budget, I think you should let us see if we can build you as system...better yet read through this and post a followup here with the necessary details.

If not the parts you've chosen + my suggestions would make a good system. Oh right, you forgot to include an SSD.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS