First time building a new pc need help

Rzjzty

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Hello this my first time building my own pc
here are the specs for the build
Motherboard -Asus Strix X99 Socket LGA2011-v3

Processor-Intel Core i7 6800K - LGA2011v3 Broadwell-E Socket Processor (15M Cache, 3.4Ghz up to 3.60 GHz, 6 Core, 12 Threads, 140W)

PSU 650watt
Corsair

Ram-Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (1 x 16 GB) 3000 MHz - CL15 - XMP 2.0 DDR4

GPU-Zotac GTX 1080Ti Founders edition 11Gb

Case-Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower Gaming Cabinet (RC-1200-KKN1)

Please tell me that if they are all compatible with each other and also i want to they which liquid cooling which i get for this build .

Solution
Yes, all those parts are compatible. However, if you're open to it, here are a few suggestions of mine.

1. If all you're doing is gaming, I'd get the 7700k. The biggest benefits of the x99 platform are quad channel memory and extra PCIe lanes and it looks like you won't be using either.

2. If you're going to be streaming or doing some very heavily multithreaded tasks, a Ryzen 1700 or 1700X would probably be a better cost to benefit ratio.

3. You really don't need a case that big unless you're running a crazy SLI setup or custom watercooling, neither of which I would recommend for a new builder. I'd suggest getting a mid tower case for these components.

4. Unless the Power Supply is the RM 650, I'd suggest getting a different one...
Yes, all those parts are compatible. However, if you're open to it, here are a few suggestions of mine.

1. If all you're doing is gaming, I'd get the 7700k. The biggest benefits of the x99 platform are quad channel memory and extra PCIe lanes and it looks like you won't be using either.

2. If you're going to be streaming or doing some very heavily multithreaded tasks, a Ryzen 1700 or 1700X would probably be a better cost to benefit ratio.

3. You really don't need a case that big unless you're running a crazy SLI setup or custom watercooling, neither of which I would recommend for a new builder. I'd suggest getting a mid tower case for these components.

4. Unless the Power Supply is the RM 650, I'd suggest getting a different one. Some of Corsair's PSUs aren't high enough quality to justify their price.

5. That's a very expensive motherboard, you could get by with a lot less but it's your money.

If you let us know what you're doing with the PC we can give you suggestions for parts, might be able to save you some money.

Solution

Rzjzty

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016

I will be using this pc for 4k gaming and streaming. thats it .

TRENDING THREADS