[SOLVED] First Time Building a PC, Any advise?

Jul 21, 2019
Hi,

I am a first time builder & making a desktop for my self, Ho do u like this config?
Also all the PSU websites have me confused with the PSU wattage..

PC Specs will be:

ANT ICE 400-tg with 4 rgb fans

I3-9100f (plan to upgrade to i5 next year)

AMD Radeon rx570

2 x 8gb ddr4

256gb m.2 SATA

1TB 7.2k RPM HDD

Circle 450w PSU 80+ Bronze

couple of usb devices here n there. Is this PSU enough or I need the 550w?

Building it for regular office work & running FSX with ORBX and PMDG

The wattage of the PSU is enough, but the PSU is not a good one. Low quality PSUs like this could go bad, and damage all of your other components along with it (it might sound like an overreaction, but it actually isn't with such low quality ones).
Also, what M.2 SSD is it? Some of them are actually SATA, and not NVMe, this means you are paying the price of an M.2 SSD, but only getting SATA SSD speeds.

Jul 21, 2019
Thank you for your reply conan. The PSU has good reviews here in India so i thought it could get me by. Also yes its a SATA not an nVME but it was actually suprisingly couple of bucks cheaper than the 2.5 inch form factor so i went for the M.2 version. I hope thats ok.
The wattage of the PSU is enough, but the PSU is not a good one. Low quality PSUs like this could go bad, and damage all of your other components along with it (it might sound like an overreaction, but it actually isn't with such low quality ones).
Also, what M.2 SSD is it? Some of them are actually SATA, and not NVMe, this means you are paying the price of an M.2 SSD, but only getting SATA SSD speeds.

Jul 21, 2019
These are the features mentioned:

• ATX 12V 2.3 & EPS 12 V 2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified 230V EU Standard with Efficiency more than 85%
  • APFC (99%PF Typical) gives clean and reliable power ● New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready ● SLI Ready
  • ErP Lot 6 Complaint ● Multi GPU Technologies Supported ● Intel and AMD Supported ● A dedicated single + 12V rail offers maximum compatibility with latest components
  • High reliable 105 degree Celsius Japnese Brand Capacitors ● 14 CM Smart Temperature Control Bearing Fan reduces energy waste, boosts power efficeincy
  • OVP (Over Voltage Protection) ● UVP (Under Voltage Protection) ● OCP (Over Current Protection) ● OPP (Over Power protection) ● SCP (Short Circuit Protection) ● OTP (Over Temperature Protection)

Jul 21, 2019
Would you have enough money for this PSU instead? https://in.pcpartpicker.com/product...onze-certified-atx-power-supply-cp-9020120-na
As for the SSD. It's not a bad one, and if it is cheaper than 2.5 SSD then that is alright. I was just worried that you thought it would be a faster one.
Yes this seems doable. Also i did initially think M.2 would be faster as i didn't know that some of them might be SATA based but luckily some research helped me understand it better. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: ConanLock