[SOLVED] First time building a PC, can you help me with some suggestions?

Oct 29, 2019
Hi everyone!

I've been having issues with my current PC, it's getting pretty old now and I think it really needs a makeover; here are my current specs:

CPU: Intel i7 3770 3.40 GHz
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 630
Motherboard: I'm not too sure, it just says DT2 from Advent.
RAM: 12G, 4x2 DDR3 AsInt and 2x2 DDR3 AsInt
Power Supply: Some old thing, the name is completely rubbed off, it definitely needs an upgrade, but it outputs 400W which is good I believe.
And lastly, a 1TB HDD.

Now, I really want to keep the processor as I think it's still a good processor and to be frank I don't really need a lot of processing power anyway, I mostly use this PC for gaming and I don't really play any triple A games, so graphics wise as long as it can support games like League Of Legends I'm content.

So, to get to my main problem, I just don't know where to start really. There's so many sellers and compontents out there, I'm quite lost. I really don't have a huge budget, I'd say no more than £300 to spend, but I'd love if I could get everything even lower than that. I'm patient, so the build doesn't have to all be done in one day, I'd be happy to have everything up and running until Christmas or even after. I know there's all sorts of deals out there, but I'd really like to know if there are any places you would recommend and I'd be especially grateful if there are any components you would recommend too.

Just to go over things one more time, I'm looking to buy a new PSU, GPU, Memory(if needed, I don't know if the one I have is decent), SSD and Motherboard. I'm based in the UK.

Lastly, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I'm new here and I'm still learning.

WildCard999

Titan
Reactions: Proximon and Flayed
Solution