First time building a pc through iBUYPOWER

Apr 30, 2018
Hello everyone! This is the first time i am building a gaming PC and my budget is $3000 and under. I plan to use one to two 1080p monitors. I have picked parts for the PC I'm intending to build based on a ton of research and reviews I've been looking over and the build I've come up with is below. Could anyone of you take a look and tell me if there is any incompatibilities, suggestions, or changes i need to make for this?

I would like to make sure there is no parts missing that i need, the system won't overheat from insufficient cooling, whether i should overclock it, and if noise would be a problem.

I am already well aware that it is more expensive to go through another company to build a PC but i do not know how and i just want that security of having someone who knows what they are doing, build it. I do intend to learn and eventually will upgrade some parts. But for now, i'd like this to be as future proof as possible. (This is the iBUYPOWER snowblind build N450 build so there is the LCD side panels)

Thank you so much for your time in helping me!

Here are the specs and parts:
Case :: iBUYPOWER Snowblind N450 Gaming Case - White with LCD Side Panel
Processor :: Intel® Core™ i7-8700K Processor (6x 3.70GHz/12MB L3 Cache) - Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
Processor Cooling :: NZXT Kraken M22 120mm Liquid Cooling System
Memory :: 16 GB [8 GB X2] DDR4-2400 Memory Module (w/ RGB Lighting) - ADATA XPG SPECTRIX (RGB LED)
Video Card :: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - 11GB (VR Ready) - Single Card
Motherboard :: MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC -- Mystic RGB, 3x PCIe x16, 4x USB 3.1 Gen 2, 4x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 2x USB 2.0, WiFi [Intel Optane Ready]
Power Supply :: 850 Watt - EVGA 850GQ - 80 PLUS Gold, Semi Modular(includes Sleeved Cables)
Intel Optane Memory Accelerator :: [FREE] - 16GB Intel Optane Memory - Boost Primary Drive - Up to 18x Faster for HDD
Primary Hard Drive :: 240 GB WD Green SSD -- Read: 540MB/s, Write: 465MB/sFREE Upgrade to 500GB WD Blue SSD
Data Hard Drive :: 3 TB Toshiba Hard Drive -- 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive
Sound Card :: 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
Network Card :: Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)
Operating System :: Windows 10 Home + Office 365 Trial [FREE 30 Day Trial] - (64-bit)

PRICE: $2732

USAFRet

Titan
Solution
Apr 30, 2018

Is there a pc building company you would recommend then based on experience? I was originally looking at the Corsair one Elite which is at $3000.

USAFRet

Titan

Dell, maybe.
I'm not much on prebuilts, unless it is below $500 or so.

But your chosen parts selection needs a little work as well.
120mm CPU liquid cooler - no. The good air coolers are better than the 120mm liquids. ANd much cheaper.
Optane? Don't bother. You already have an SSD.

Apr 30, 2018

In terms of liquid coolers, what would you recommend for similar specs above? (Or what kind of air cooler?)
Also, couldn't i have an SSD then the Optane for the separate HDD? Or does it not work that way?
Other than that, is there any other issue with the chosen parts that i need to watch out for?

Thank you USAFRet!

USAFRet

Titan

The Optane is for your "primary drive". As it states.
That is your SSD. Makes no sense to use Optane SSD to speed up an SSD...:)

Fora cooler...for liquid, 240mm or larger.
For an air cooler, a cryorig H7 possibly.
The SSD - there are much better options. 250 or 500GB NVMe drive. Instead of the SATA based drives you listed.

Apr 30, 2018

Thank you for that suggestion! I haven't come across that company yet. I've just about heard about every other one but that one.

Also, thanks USAFRet for answering my questions. It helps a lot!