[SOLVED] First time building a pc, will components I picked work?

Jul 7, 2021
Hello everyone, so I've finally saved up some money and I've decided to upgrade from my old pc which was given to me by my uncle after he got a new one.

These are the components which I'm going to buy:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16g (2x8g) ddr4 3200mhz
MOBO: MSI Tomahawk Max II

These are the leftovers from my previous pc that will stay in the new one:
PSU: Seasonic 520w S12ii
GPU: RX 570 4gb
Storage: 500gb hdd / 240gb ssd

So my goal for this pc is pretty much just gaming, bit of photoshop and video editing, and browsing through the internet. While I searched for parts I've noticed some people talking about a neccessary bios upgrade if you buy ryzen 5 3600, so I'm also wondering if I'll need to upgrade my bios? Also one thing I'm worried about is the PSU, is it gonna be enough for the parts I picked? It doesn't have to work perfectly, the main goal is just to be enough for it to run at some decent level. That would be all of my questions. Thanks for the help in advance!

Solution
That PSU is fine, seasonic is a good brand and the system is not pulling that much anyways.
The only thing I would reconsider is instead of getting that MSI MAX , which I believe you are refering to a B450, get a B550, they are about the same price and you gain better memory compatability, SAM, etc, you have the likes of B550 Pro 4 which I seen many times for around 100$.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the age of that PSU in the recycled parts list? You will need to disable C6 power state in BIOS but you're underpowered for that build, considering that the PSU while brand new gave you a 20W headroom while having an RX570 in said build. I'd ask you to spend a little more and buy into another Seasonic PSU with at least 650W of power for your build as headroom and for future parts.

Jul 7, 2021
I bought the PSU in 2019, which would mean that it is 3 years old as of now :) . So my question is could it work just to be enough or its just impossible to use it with those parts, if its impossible could you recommend me some budget PSU that would be enough for this pc?

Last edited:
That PSU is fine, seasonic is a good brand and the system is not pulling that much anyways.
The only thing I would reconsider is instead of getting that MSI MAX , which I believe you are refering to a B450, get a B550, they are about the same price and you gain better memory compatability, SAM, etc, you have the likes of B550 Pro 4 which I seen many times for around 100$.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution