First time building PC ( Need opinions and advice on if my parts are all compatible)

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
First of all... If you're spending the money DO NOT get a blower style card as you're basically just throwing away your money. Yes... they can be cheaper but the huge gap in performance loss and noise pollution is not at all worth it!

The rest of the system seems top notch, you'll see everyone has preferences for ram, storage and such but the GPU...check out one of these, or any 3 fan card really:
https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce...words=2080+ti&qid=1568043948&s=gateway&sr=8-1

As for PSU, at a minimum I would recommend:
https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-RM85...043978&s=gateway&sprefix=850w+,aps,182&sr=8-3
But as a safe bet and for future proofing this is also a good option: https://www.amazon.com/quiet-BN621-...ds=1000w+psu&qid=1568044054&s=gateway&sr=8-14

HOPE THIS HELPS!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Just to clarify a bit of confusion first, Memory = RAM, Memory isn't storage :) so an SSD is storage, not memory.
What will your main usage be ? If it is gaming, 32GB may not be necessary and the 9900K may be overkill if you wanted to pull back, but understand if not. Any reason for Intel over AMD?

There are better style GPUs I might add.

I've rejigged slightly below:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($493.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($116.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($137.96 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($94.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Blower Video Card ($1244.54 @ PCM)
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($159.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($102.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $2491.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-09 11:48 EDT-0400

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

Just to clarify, you say AT A MINIMUM, when the RMx is arguably the same or better than the be Quiet! (if you say, go off warranty even).
RMx is one of the best models you can get and has double the warranty and currently there are PSUs of similar or equal quality for slightly less with offers etc. :)

The be Quiet IMO is poor value in comparison to other brands of similar quality.

You can't get much safer than an RMx.

CX is probably minimum.

Reactions: WildCard999

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Just to clarify, you say AT A MINIMUM, when the RMx is better than the be Quiet!.
RMx is one of the best models you can get and has double the warranty and currently there are PSUs of similar or equal quality for slightly less with offers etc. :)

Such as the Seasonic above.

CX is probably minimum.
Yes that's true. I just have lots of hands on experience with EVGA and Be Quiet.... always my "go-to".

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yes that's true. I just have lots of hands on experience with EVGA and Be Quiet.... always my "go-to".
Also have rejigged my comment a lot above my friend! ^^^

Unfortunately EVGA make a ton of trash. Some good units in the SuperNOVA range, but that's sometimes as far as I'd go. I like be quiet, i just find their value isn't great for most parts of the world.

Reactions: ZeroDollarBudget
As far as PSU's go Seasonic and Corsair are the best it the business. Corsair PSU's are good because the majority of the good ones they have are made by Seasonic with the Corsair branding on top. With that kind of budget I'd do this:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor ($499.99 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($116.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard ($194.79 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Gigabyte AORUS NVMe Gen4 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($259.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB SEA HAWK X Video Card ($1134.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($123.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $2600.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-09 13:20 EDT-0400

WildCard999

Titan
You can't define PSU quality by company, both EVGA & Corsair have high end PSU's as well as junk.

I really think it would help us help you by letting us know what the uses are for the system and if gaming/rendering video, what resolution.

Reactions: PC Tailor
You can't define PSU quality by company, both EVGA & Corsair have high end PSU's as well as junk.
You can definitely define PSU quality by company. Some are better than others because they don't cheap out on the production with lower quality caps and others. I am saying that Corsair and Seasonic are the best for the money when the quality of the PSU production is considered. I am also not saying that only those 2 companies make quality PSUs. I am also not saying that PSU's from these better companies are immune to production faults or wear and tear of use over time.