First time building with a B250 and stuck in a boot loop wont go to bios

scottmfn

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
I have a new build that goes straight into a boot loop as soon as i turn it on. Fans come on for a second, turn off then come back on a few seconds later continuos. all it does never made it to bios. I checked that everything was seated and it was. Tried all the ram slots also. I checked the ram, the cpu and the psu all on another computer and all worked so i thought it was the motherboard so i bought another one the same model (Asrock B250M PRO4). and the exact same thing happened. This is my first time building with a 250 board the other 5 ive built were all H110's with never and issue so all i can figure is that i am doing something wrong with the B250 board but i see no difference. Any thoughts or ideas????
Asrock B250M pro4
Intel Pentium G4560
Kingston Fury Hyper X 2 times 8 gig
CorsI air CX 450 psu

Jwpanz

Admirable
Your motherboard and case could be making contact. Make sure nothing is making contact on the back of the board and the case.

A boot loop is usually indicative of a RAM or CPU issue. Do you have a GPU installed?

scottmfn

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018

I took it out of the case and rebuilt it on just the motherboard box. with just the CPU, Cpu fan and one stick of ram still did the same thing. I know the ram and CPU are good installed those in another computer to check them and they were fine. The fact it did the same thing with a second mother board makes me think i did something wrong. the only difference i seen between this and the H110 boards ive used in the past is this has an 8 pin ATX 12 volt connector instead of four and im using the 8 pin connector from the PSU

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS