First time clocker that's hit a stumbling block

CayJ141

Commendable
Feb 24, 2017
At 75 years old and my first build any advice would greatly be apprecated . Over the last year and a half I put together a computer with the intent of Overclocking and hopefully on the right track . ( New parts ) Asrock z77 extreme 4 board , 16 gig DDR3 g-skill ram , Cryorig H7 , heatsink , 850 Evo SSD for boot and 1Tb. WD Black HDD for storage. Used parts , A never over clocked i5 3570k , an Evga 650 gold PSU all stuffed in a Deep Slience 1 ATX case .... Almost forgot I was using a Reven 4 eyes fan controller. Put it all together and very happy with the results .
Now time to over clock . Downloaded Core Temp , CUPID and Prime 95 and fully understand the process of Over Clockinging to fond the sweet spot . Only two areas I'm having trouble with . In a tutorial I was watching it was suggested to C/drive , properties , hardware , SSD (boot drive) , change settings and un click Enable write caching on device so if there is a crash it will not corrupt any files .
If this is true .... when the over clock is done do you go back in and click on Enable write caching ?
My other question is about Bios up dates ,,, but that can wait Any commenta on this build ... am I on the right track ? One more thing 750Ti OC game card ,
Thanks

Solution
In windows, all permanent drives have write caching enabled by default. Disabling it can result in it's lowered performance and it doesn't help any in case of a crash. Best to make full backup of system drive, Macrium Reflect is probably best for that. It's a good precaution anyway.
As far as OC is concerned, a "Sweet spot" is best frequency where it's all stable and temperatures are within parameters for that processor, chipset and VRM, that also includes acceptable voltage.
In windows, all permanent drives have write caching enabled by default. Disabling it can result in it's lowered performance and it doesn't help any in case of a crash. Best to make full backup of system drive, Macrium Reflect is probably best for that. It's a good precaution anyway.
As far as OC is concerned, a "Sweet spot" is best frequency where it's all stable and temperatures are within parameters for that processor, chipset and VRM, that also includes acceptable voltage.

Solution