First time configuring nvidia surround with gtx 980 sli, doesn't work! Please help!!

CruelIntentions9

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
Hi everyone! I've just assembled my first gaming pc with these specs for sim racing on triple monitors:
I7 5930k
16gb ddr4 3000MHz
Asus rampage v extreme
Noctua NH 15S
Corsair ax1200i
Samsung 840 evo 1TB
Asus bluray burner
Asus strix 980 sli
Cooler Master cosmos 2
Benq xl2720z x 3 monitors

Frankly I don't know much about custom pc's or nvidia surround. I got an assembler to assemble my pc. I brought the pc home from his store to find that it's working perfectly with one monitor but as soon as I connect 2 more monitors via displayport cables (all monitors connected via DP cables as ports shown on nvidia's website), it doesn't work and the resolution gets either too small on one screen and 1080p on the second while the 3rd one doesn't work at all. What am I doing wrong? Also I couldn't find a step by step guide for setting up surround monitor setup on the Internet. I'm using branded 5m Bandridge DP cables 1.2 certified for about 50$ a piece. I've also tried connecting two monitors via dual link dvi cables and the third one via DP still no success. Also I've rechecked and found that I'm using the latest drivers. What am I doing wrong? Am I using the wrong ports? Or wrong cables? Can somebody please help by replying back with step by step guide to do the same for three monitors?

Any help is more than welcome. Much thanks!

CruelIntentions9

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
UPDATE: I got another assembler today to do it along with my office IT admin (guy with average IT skills) and he made it run successfully using 1 DVID on each card and a DP on the first card to run it. When he used all 3 DP cables on either of the cards or a combination using both cards, it didn't work. It's not working now as I returned back home from work.

As a side note, I see the VGA LED on the motherboard flashing. The led indicator on the motherboard says bd (or maybe b6, I'm not sure). I don't have any experience with assembling computers at all and feel pretty frustrated at the moment.

I read around the internet and I think it might be a RAM issue? What do you guys say? My office IT admin checked and told me that the RAM is currently clocked at 2133 MHz. Problem is I am based in India and where I live, there aren't any people around with a lot of experience with such high end gear. If anyone can shed some light on it, I will be more than thankful to you!

Thanks in advance.