[SOLVED] First time liquid cooler user

Oct 22, 2021
Hello all,

First time posting, but long time reader.

My current system is;
*Gigabyte Z490 G
*i9-10900K
*3060 GPU
*64GB ram
*3x 12TB HDD
*2TB M.2
*Standard full tower with limited cooling (situated in the attic)
*All running on an unraid server which passes through the 3060, M.2 and 32GB ram to a Windows 11 VM.

I have purchased (for delivery in the next few weeks) a Thermaltake 900 case, this will give me plenty more room. I want to go down the liquid cooling route, but there are so many options out there, AIO and custom, I'm at a loss.

Also, I'm struggling to find a liquid cooling solution for my GPU;
https://www.inno3d.com/en/product_d...cb9d486908f677ebf5dbb737b0cbf5e5fc0eb7034fbb7

I would very much welcome suggestions for a complete cooling system that will cool everything, CPU, GPU, I'd even have the motherboard liquid cooled if that was an option. 😂

Many thanks.

Solution
Not like those aren't options. Not typical for lower end cards to get the water cooling treatment. Your best bet would be something like a universal block from EK or the like. Check performance-pcs.com, they usually have a stock of such things. This isn't a full cover solution, so be prepared to buy loose heatsinks for the VRMs and memory and point at fan at the card anyway. Kraken G12 if you just want to slap an AIO on it.

Many motherboards offer watercooling options, from full coverage blocks to those that have water cooled VRMs, you can even opt to get water cooled memory heatspreaders. These are all extremely premium offerings though, not that common. I don't believe the Vision G has such parts, but I haven't checked (I own one)...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not like those aren't options. Not typical for lower end cards to get the water cooling treatment. Your best bet would be something like a universal block from EK or the like. Check performance-pcs.com, they usually have a stock of such things. This isn't a full cover solution, so be prepared to buy loose heatsinks for the VRMs and memory and point at fan at the card anyway. Kraken G12 if you just want to slap an AIO on it.

Many motherboards offer watercooling options, from full coverage blocks to those that have water cooled VRMs, you can even opt to get water cooled memory heatspreaders. These are all extremely premium offerings though, not that common. I don't believe the Vision G has such parts, but I haven't checked (I own one)

Going to take a lot of research to build out a water cooling loop. Not really something best done on a forum, you have the equipment and can take measurements and plan out your layout. Very difficult to do it otherwise.

Reactions: BeardedNoir
Solution
Oct 22, 2021

Many motherboards offer watercooling options, from full coverage blocks to those that have water cooled VRMs, you can even opt to get water cooled memory heatspreaders. These are all extremely premium offerings though, not that common. I don't believe the Vision G has such parts, but I haven't checked (I own one)

Going to take a lot of research to build out a water cooling loop. Not really something best done on a forum, you have the equipment and can take measurements and plan out your layout. Very difficult to do it otherwise.

Hello,

Thank you kindly for replying, it is appreciated.

I will go and read up on all those suggestions and start building a picture of what I want.

Thanks.