[SOLVED] First Time Liquid Cooling in New Build Not Cooling

Dec 10, 2018
Hi everyone,
I've never used watercooling before and decided to give it a try in my new build, but the cpu temps in the bios seems to be increasing to about 90 C before shutting down. From what I can tell the fans seem to be pushing air out through the radiator like it should be, and the pump itself seems to be working. Here are my specs

AMD Ryzen 1950x
Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 TT Premium Edition
Corsair 32 GB Ram
Asus Prime x399-a
Asus Geforce GTX 1060 OC Edition
DIYPC Vanguard-RGB Case
Crucial 500 GB NVMe SSD
EVGA 1000W Gold+ Supernova

Everything seems to be fine except the temperature and the shutting down of the pc a few seconds from starting up.

Solution
Can you tap or tilt (or both) the pump and radiator? This is often easiest if you dismount the radiator from the case where it is mounted, with the pump still mounted. Sometimes AIOs get airlocked where the small bit of air in the cooler can hinder the pump from moving coolant because it doesn't have the flow rate to overcome the vacuum of an air bubble held in suspension.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Do these temperatures rise with the CPU at idle? Meaning, boot up to idle desktop....or is some benchmark or load being applied?

If you hold the tubing of the cooler, does either of them pulse? You should feel rather steady vibrations or pulsing.

Can you confirm alexoui's question - remove the CPU block and ensure it is making good contact with the CPU IHS?

Dec 10, 2018
The CPU block is very much in contact with the CPU, and the tubing does vibrate. I can't even get to an idle state since it will just shutoff before it even boots up. The liquid cooling seems to be functioning, but the temperatures of the CPU are not getting cooled.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Can you tap or tilt (or both) the pump and radiator? This is often easiest if you dismount the radiator from the case where it is mounted, with the pump still mounted. Sometimes AIOs get airlocked where the small bit of air in the cooler can hinder the pump from moving coolant because it doesn't have the flow rate to overcome the vacuum of an air bubble held in suspension.

Solution