First time OCing - Advice on further steps

Fuzzpuff

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
So after several weeks of research and reading countless guides and browsing through tons of issues that others have encountered, I finally sat down this morning to start OCing for the first time. After a couple of hours, I've managed to get my i5 4690k running stable at 4.4 GHz with Vcore at 1.195v (1.192 according to CPU-Z). Under 100% temp/stability testing load, my temps are in the low to mid 60s. I've been using GTA V to do some regular-load testing and am seeing running temps in the mid to upper 50s. So, I've got some head room for further increases, but I'm satisfied where I am for now. On to my actual question(s).

In my research I came across hints at adjusting ring ratio settings. However, I have not found a single in-depth guide or definitive answer on whether it's something that has to be tinkered with. My ring ratio is currently sitting at 39 with the ring voltage at 1.216v under "Auto" setting. Since I appear to be stable at my current settings, is there any need for me to adjust these settings?

Also, is there any need to adjust any other settings? Below are links to a couple of screenshots from my BIOS.

OC Profile 1
OC Profile 2

As I mentioned, I've done a ton of research to get the basics taken care of, but I'm completely open and appreciative of any suggestions. My rig:

MSI z97s SLI Krait
Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4 GHz & 1.195v
CM Hyper 212 Evo
EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW
2 x 8 Gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 (set manually to 1600 within BIOS)
Thermaltake Black Widow 850W PSU

Thanks in advance!

Fuzzpuff

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Post-weekend/spring break bump:

I spent the weekend testing under normal conditions and every still seems normal, however I haven't noticed much - if any - improvement as far as performance goes. Maybe a slight increase in fps in areas where I know it drops (i.e didn't drop quite to the same level, but still noticeable).

Is this normal considering the jump in core clock?