[SOLVED] First time overclocker looking for help, have some issues

Aug 1, 2019
So I bought my very first actually good gaming PC after lot of years, and I specially wanted RAM that is 3000 mhz

cuz I have read somewhere that high mhz RAM is good for Ryzen 2600 CPU, but here starts my issue

the RAM is working only on 2133 mhz, and dont know how to get it to 3000 mhz or anything above 2133 mhz

my PC configuration is Ryzen 5 2600/ Nvidia 1060 6GB/ 16 GB DDR4 RAM/ Corsair CX650M PSU/Gigabyte b450 motherboard

this is the RAM in question http://www.gskill.com/product/165/1...DDR4-3000MHz-CL16-18-18-38-1.35V16GB-(1x16GB) and I only have one stick of 16 GB DDR4 RAM in my PC

cooler on Ryzen CPU is the stock one, and in BIOS I have already turned on XMP profile

but even tho XMP profile is turned on I see no change in my RAM mhz

Operating system on my PC now is Windows 8.1 Pro, and here are some pictures of my RAM, BIOS and motherboard

Imgur album - View: https://imgur.com/a/JvVqv0z

any help would be very much appreciated, thank you kindly in advance

Kind regards, Rick

Solution
If you had an ASUS board I could tell you exactly. If XMP isn't working try setting the speed manually to 3000mhz, set the timings to 16-18-18-38 and the voltage to 1.35 then use memtest to test if it's stable. It should be though. It's rated for 3000mhz I have pretty much the same ram, same speed same timings. Set it manually never had any problems. Gigabyte looks like they make it more complicated than it needs to be though. Is your board on the latest BIOS?
Aug 1, 2019
cmon guys, its been 24 hours

cant someone help me out please, I have been told that Toms Hardware was a good place to ask question and people will help you

well I asked my question 24 hours ago and all I got was ignoring, guess Toms Hardware is not that good as I am lead to believe

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
If you had an ASUS board I could tell you exactly. If XMP isn't working try setting the speed manually to 3000mhz, set the timings to 16-18-18-38 and the voltage to 1.35 then use memtest to test if it's stable. It should be though. It's rated for 3000mhz I have pretty much the same ram, same speed same timings. Set it manually never had any problems. Gigabyte looks like they make it more complicated than it needs to be though. Is your board on the latest BIOS?

Solution
Jul 31, 2019
I think its a issue related to bios manual settings.

See this if can help. Its about to go and change manually in bios the ram speed from normal to other higher values.