Question First time overclocker, overclock showing in BIOS but not in cpu-z or task manager.

ryan1983style

Reputable
Aug 6, 2015
So last night I finally overclocked my 5 year old cpu. I currently have a MSI X99S motherboard and a i75820K that I managed to get to 4.5 Ghz stable. My questoin is.., my overclock is showing 4.5 Ghz in Bios but in cpu-z it is showing my stock clock time. Same with windows task manager. When i first start up my computer windows task manager will show my " current " clock time at 4.5 ghz - but it shows that my processor is an i75820k @ 3.3 ghz in the top right. Same with cpu-z. Is that how it's supposed to be displayed? I swear that when I had my old stock overclock ( oc genie ) it showed in windows task manager in the top right as i75820k @3.8 ghz. Same with the intel extreme tuning utility. It seems my overclock is working though as I have noticed a substantial gain in fps in the games I tried.

So last night I finally overclocked my 5 year old cpu. I currently have a MSI X99S motherboard and a i75820K that I managed to get to 4.5 Ghz stable. My questoin is.., my overclock is showing 4.5 Ghz in Bios but in cpu-z it is showing my stock clock time. Same with windows task manager. When i first start up my computer windows task manager will show my " current " clock time at 4.5 ghz - but it shows that my processor is an i75820k @ 3.3 ghz in the top right. Same with cpu-z. Is that how it's supposed to be displayed? I swear that when I had my old stock overclock ( oc genie ) it showed in windows task manager in the top right as i75820k @3.8 ghz. Same with the intel extreme tuning utility. It seems my overclock is working though as I have noticed a substantial gain in fps in the games I tried.
Its your current clock speed that matters not the CPU name given by the CPU manufacturer, they can write whatever they want.