First time pc build for gaming

sephirooo

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
Hi I'm new to pc building, and wanted advice for my build. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Gpu - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming

PSU - Corsair RM750x 750W PSU

CPU -Intel Core i5-7600K Kaby Lake Prosessor (Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo)

MotherBoard - MSI Z270-A Pro, Socket-1151

Storage - Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2 PCIe SSD

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz 16GB

Case - NZXT H440

Solution
Looks good and compatible, but that i5 is not good value at the moment. It is also falling short in certain games due to its limited number of threads. Also instead of spending so much on other parts, you should crank up the cpu first and get a 7700k instead.

But I strongly suggest that you wait for a month or so as Intel is coming up with their more powerful next gen. processors around the same price, but with more cores and threads. When it comes, get the 8700k and it will not only perform better but will also last longer.
Looks good and compatible, but that i5 is not good value at the moment. It is also falling short in certain games due to its limited number of threads. Also instead of spending so much on other parts, you should crank up the cpu first and get a 7700k instead.

But I strongly suggest that you wait for a month or so as Intel is coming up with their more powerful next gen. processors around the same price, but with more cores and threads. When it comes, get the 8700k and it will not only perform better but will also last longer.

Solution
If it wasn't for the mining craziness that has driven the GTX 1070 prices up at the moment, I would switch the GTX 1080 to a GTX 1070 and use the saved money for the I7-7700K instead. Obviously i would also consider what Hellfire13 said and wait for the new 8th gen CPU.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah it's kind of a bad time to be buying a GPU since Vega was just released and Volta should be any time now, this is one time where I would wait and see what Volta is going to bring.