Question First Time PC Build! Help Please!

Mar 8, 2020
Setup all my hardware, no issues.

Installed my OS (Windows 10)

Updated my BIOS via USB and EZ Flash (Asus RoG MB)

Now I need to gain internet access, so I went to the MB manufacturers site, downloaded the correct Net Card/ LAN drivers to USB on another PC.

I transferred the USB to my new rig, located the USB with the drivers in a zipped compressed folder.

Now what? Lol I’m not the savviest person when it comes to software so I have no clue how to actually install said drivers correctly. I looked at the driver files and didn’t see an .exe at least I don’t think. I can post a screen if needed.

If you haven’t already guessed, I’m installing these drivers first so I can get this bad boy online and download the rest of the necessary things I need.

P.S. I don’t have a disk drive, so installing the originals drivers on the disk that came with the MB is like out of the question.. unless I can download those drivers from disk to USB and transfer.. but then they would be out of date and require updates anyways. Idk.

I’m open to suggestions. Just need help. Remember you’re talking to a PC noob. So be specific, please!

Mar 8, 2020
There is an “Asus Setup” type application at the very top of the driver files. Seems it can be opened when I right click. Still not sure what my best course of action is, just thought I would throw that out there. Lol

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
There is an “Asus Setup” type application at the very top of the driver files. Seems it can be opened when I right click. Still not sure what my best course of action is, just thought I would throw that out there. Lol
Unless it is some weirdo eastern european made in some guys basement hardware - you don't need to worry about drivers on disk or stick - Windows has at least basic drivers for almost anything you hook up.

Dumb question - are you trying to connect to your wireless network? If so your PC should tell you that it's found a wireless network (usually during install process for Win10) and you would need to put in the pass phrase to connect. IF you are trying to connect to a wired network - that should be just as easy. I am assuming you are on your older PC - have you tried opening Edge to see if you are already connected to the Internet...

Mar 8, 2020
Unless it is some weirdo eastern european made in some guys basement hardware - you don't need to worry about drivers on disk or stick - Windows has at least basic drivers for almost anything you hook up.

Dumb question - are you trying to connect to your wireless network? If so your PC should tell you that it's found a wireless network (usually during install process for Win10) and you would need to put in the pass phrase to connect. IF you are trying to connect to a wired network - that should be just as easy. I am assuming you are on your older PC - have you tried opening Edge to see if you are already connected to the Internet...

I’m running Windows 10. I have no wireless connection. I’ve plugged in an Ethernet from my router and attempted to open my internet browser, and nothing.

In my control panel, under device manager, all of my devices associated with my Ethernet Controller all have “!” next to them.

you need to extract the files from that zip file.

when you double click on the zip file, at the top of te window wi be an extract menu, use 'extract all', then run the Asus setup from the folder you extracted to (default folder will be fine).

repeat this with all the drivers that are zip fies

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2020
you need to extract the files from that zip file.

when you double click on the zip file, at the top of te window wi be an extract menu, use 'extract all', then run the Asus setup from the folder you extracted to (default folder will be fine).

repeat this with all the drivers that are zip fies

Thank you for the reply. I did just that. Extracted all the files to a new folder and tried to start the Asus setup by selecting “run as admin” and nothing happened. I’m still lost lol