First Time Pc build help

Jul 29, 2018
CPU:Intel core i 7700k
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080
PSU:EVGA 650 B3
Case:Corsair Carbide 270R
ram: Corsair vengeance LPX (2x8gb)
Motherboard:MB Gigabyte

This is the pc I want to build, should there be anything else I should buy, and could I a couple of tips for building it.
I also want to overclock it, will i be able to?

what budget do you have. You can get better performance with an I5 8400 in most games than an I7 7700k.

Something like this:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor ($195.89 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI - B360M GAMING PLUS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($67.02 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB WINDFORCE OC 8G Video Card ($484.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.57 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1032.44
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-29 12:20 EDT-0400

You will find that a less expensive I5-8600K will perform on a par with a 7700K in multithreaded apps and will do considerably better for gaming when overclocked. To overclock a "K" you will need a Z prefix motherboard like z370 for the 8600K.

As to tips,

MY build process:

Before anything, while waiting for your parts to be delivered, download
and read, cover to cover your case and motherboard manual.
Buy a #2 magnetic tip phillips screwdriver.

1. I assemble the critical parts outside of the case.
That lets me test them for functuonality easily.
A wood table or cardboard is fine.
2. Plug in only the necessary parts at first. Ram, cpu, cooler, psu.
Do not force anything. Parts fit only one way.
Attach a monitor to the integrated motherboard adapter if you have one, otherwise to the graphics card.
3. If your motherboard does not have a PWR button, momentarily touch the two pwr front panel pins with a flat blade screwdriver.
4. Repeatedly hit F2 or DEL, and that should get you into the bios display.
5. Boot from a cd or usb stick with memtest86 on it. memtest will exercise your ram and cpu functionality.
6. Install windows.
7. Install the motherboard cd drivers. Particularly the lan drivers so you can access the internet.
Do not select the easy install option, or you will get a bunch of utilities and trialware that you don't want. Drivers only.
7. Connect to the internet and install an antivirus program. Microsoft security essentials is free, easy, and unobtrusive.
8. Install your graphics card and driver if you tested with integrated graphics.
You will need to remove the graphics card later to install your motherboard in the case.
Make a note of how the graphics card latches into the pcie slot.
The mechanism will be hidden under the card and may be difficult to work if you have not previously checked how.
9. Update windows to currency.
10. Only now do I take apart what I need to and install it in the case.
11. Now is the time to reinstall your graphics card.

Jul 29, 2018

Ill pick the parts, see whats the price, because it may differ because i live in Belgium, thanks you for the tip!

Jul 29, 2018

This is much more in depth than a youtube pc guide, I know how to assemble it, but they usually dont tell you half of what you said, ty, will screenshot this for in the future

Jul 29, 2018

Dont want to wait because i need it before summer ends and I live in belgium so i probably wont find any close ones (im 16) and they will probably be overpriced

TRENDING THREADS