Question First Time PC Builder - Random POSTing issue ?

Oct 12, 2022
Hello! First time PC builder here, really enjoying the process, but not enjoying the issue I'm having.

Here's my part list:
CPU: i7-12700k
RAM: Corsair 32GB D5 5200
AIO COOLER: Corsair H150i Elite LCD
SSD: Samsung 1TB 980 PRO NVME
PSU: Corsair HX1200
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Prime Z690-P WIFI D5
GPU: None right now

I'm currently experiencing a very odd issue where my PC is seeming to randomly POST and randomly not POST. I have been in the BIOS and seen all of my parts show up correctly, so I don't think it's an issue with them. I've even been able to POST once, then shutdown and not be able to POST immediately after.

The error code from my case I have plugged in says there's an issue with the RAM but I know there isn't because I've seen them both in the BIOS picked up correctly. I really am not sure what is going on but it's driving me crazy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Things I've tried:
Unplugging everything and plugging back in.
Reseating CPU and RAM.
Taking out CMOS battery, shorting the reset switch, then putting back in.
Taking out CMOS entirely (did post once, but not again)
Using only 1 RAM stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! First time PC builder here, really enjoying the process, but not enjoying the issue I'm having.

Here's my part list:
CPU: i7-12700k
RAM: Corsair 32GB D5 5200
AIO COOLER: Corsair H150i Elite LCD
SSD: Samsung 1TB 980 PRO NVME
PSU: Corsair HX1200
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Prime Z690-P WIFI D5
GPU: None right now

I'm currently experiencing a very odd issue where my PC is seeming to randomly POST and randomly not POST. I have been in the BIOS and seen all of my parts show up correctly, so I don't think it's an issue with them. I've even been able to POST once, then shutdown and not be able to POST immediately after.

The error code from my case I have plugged in says there's an issue with the RAM but I know there isn't because I've seen them both in the BIOS picked up correctly. I really am not sure what is going on but it's driving me crazy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Things I've tried:
Unplugging everything and plugging back in.
Reseating CPU and RAM.
Taking out CMOS battery, shorting the reset switch, then putting back in.
Taking out CMOS entirely (did post once, but not again)
Using only 1 RAM stick.
Cheap test.....replace the bios bat.