Question First time PC building

Apr 22, 2019
Hi guys, as the title says this is my 1st time building a PC so I'd like to ask what you guys think about my specs
(College student, so I have a bit of a tight budget)
MoBo: MSI B450M GAMING PLUS
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GIGABYTE RX580
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2x8GB 3000Mhz
Storage: 1TB WD BLUE & Kingston A400 480GB SSD
PSU: Seasonic S12
And finally for the case, the FRACTAL DESIGN Define S

As you guys might have noticed I'm not using pcpartpicker and that's because where I'm currently living it's not a great option so I have to buy everything from the local stores and most of the items listed are also currently on sale
I accept suggestions (particurlarly in the GPU option because I was thinking about a 1660Ti & the PSU option because I'm considering a Corsair CX550)
Please keep in mind that I'll most likely not OC my CPU since I am noob and one last thing, my target here is to play most games on max settings @ 1080p,

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
1660Ti is certainly faster than an RX580. So if that is a comparably priced option, go for it. Also uses less power, so if you are paying for your electricity this is a good idea.

Seasonic makes a decent PSU. I wouldn't opt for a CX550 just to save a few bucks.

Everything else is fine.

Apr 22, 2019
1660Ti is certainly faster than an RX580. So if that is a comparably priced option, go for it. Also uses less power, so if you are paying for your electricity this is a good idea.

Seasonic makes a decent PSU. I wouldn't opt for a CX550 just to save a few bucks.

Everything else is fine.
Thank you man, I spent days doing my research.. I'm glad I picked something good

Serinox

Reputable
Jun 23, 2017
That's pretty good for a first build!

You could consider the regular gtx 1660 since it offers slightly more performance with better efficiency over the 580. In any case choose a gpu with at least 2 fans.