[SOLVED] First time pc buyer

Aug 13, 2021
(Prices are in Canadian)

Hello, I'm trying to get a entry level pc for gaming right now, because my laptop gave up on me :(. but everything is ither 1500, complete crap, or out of stock. So naturally I turned to used. (Fb marketplace)I have low standards because all I play is block game (minecraft) so I don't need somthing extreme. I want a i5 and a gtx 970 or 1080 like that sorta stuff (u get the idea) Very old but minecraft is a block game, I don't need a i9 and a 3090. 400-500 cad budget.

And before you yell at me and tell me I'm a bafoon for buying a 9 yr old system: I'm a broke kid that can't afford much, and all I do is no life block game.

I wanted to know is there anything to watch out for when I'm looking? I know all about specs and what I want/don't want but I'm kinda worried about stuff. I don't want to be scamed so if someone could give me some pointers or questions to ask it would be verry appreciated.

Solution
(Prices are in Canadian)

Hello, I'm trying to get a entry level pc for gaming right now, because my laptop gave up on me :(. but everything is ither 1500, complete crap, or out of stock. So naturally I turned to used. (Fb marketplace)I have low standards because all I play is block game (minecraft) so I don't need somthing extreme. I want a i5 and a gtx 970 or 1080 like that sorta stuff (u get the idea) Very old but minecraft is a block game, I don't need a i9 and a 3090. 400-500 cad budget.

And before you yell at me and tell me I'm a bafoon for buying a 9 yr old system: I'm a broke kid that can't afford much, and all I do is no life block game.

I wanted to know is there anything to watch out for when I'm looking? I know all...
(Prices are in Canadian)

I wanted to know is there anything to watch out for when I'm looking? I know all about specs and what I want/don't want but I'm kinda worried about stuff. I don't want to be scamed so if someone could give me some pointers or questions to ask it would be verry appreciated.
if you had that budget, make sure you have the gpu first to get a better estimated budget and i could help. because gpu is very expensive today, make suure you got a good deal on used gpu, find them and try to inform us back when you had the gpu.

Also no, minecraft today is heavy if you dont use optifine or fabric mod, I do minecraft, my cpu is E3 1240 v2, and sometimes when the render is heavy on the server, it could drop the avg fps to 20 ish, even when 4 GBs is assigned to minecraft.

Solution
Aug 13, 2021
if you had that budget, make sure you have the gpu first to get a better estimated budget and i could help. because gpu is very expensive today, make suure you got a good deal on used gpu, find them and try to inform us back when you had the gpu.

Also no, minecraft today is heavy if you dont use optifine or fabric mod, I do minecraft, my cpu is E3 1240 v2, and sometimes when the render is heavy on the server, it could drop the avg fps to 20 ish, even when 4 GBs is assigned to minecraft.
But a used gpu would be like my entire budget? Gpus alone are crazy expensive.

Aug 13, 2021

And, I play 1.8.9 optifine no single player. Only hypixel and skyblock sometimes lunar.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador