First time PC user looking for help building a computer from scratch.

Nov 8, 2018
Alright, I’m new here, and I feel like I’ve been running around in circles while trying to research how to make my own gaming PC from scratch. Any help would be appreciated, including advice, tips, and PCs any of you have built already and what exact components I need to buy for them. I will warn you, I know close to ZILCH on this topic and I’ve only ever bought computers premade, but I’d like to take it up a notch.

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: ASAP whenever I possibly can.

Budget Range: 1500$ before shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, movies, surfing the Internet.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: all of it, I’m starting from scratch.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: None, I have no idea what or where to look.

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Boca Raton, Florida, USA.

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: no preferences.

Overclocking: Maybe, I’m not exactly sure of the pros and cons of this.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe, if it means a better experience.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080,

Additional Comments: I’m using a Corsair Glaive as my mouse, as well as an Insignia Keyboard. If anyone has any good webcams- they don’t have to be professional grade, just good enough to give a clear picture- I would appreciate that as well. My PCs external aesthetic doesn’t really matter to me, I don’t care about looks as long as it runs great. I would prefer a quiet PC but I’m used to my other one screeching by now so it doesn’t matter too much. I use steam only for games, most of them aren’t too demanding but I’m looking for a computer that could in the future run virtual reality without a hitch on all the highest graphic settings. I know I’m not giving you guys a lot at all to go off on and I apologize for that, any help would be amazing and thank you so much.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I’ve been dealing with a terrible shoddy PC for two years and it’s started to die, I’m more than ready for a better computer.